Replacement Joystick Caps Available

FluffyPanda posted on Feb 4 2006 at 08:21 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 3 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
Time to complain to your postal service I guess.  I don't know what it is but I have had other boxes totally mutilated going to Italy.  Those caps are extremely tough too.  What do they do over there?  They must have run over it with a truck or purposely cut it.  I don't know why they would do that though.
Italian post totally sucks.

The worst I've had over here was a box of christmas presents from my mum for the in laws that had been opened, had anything small enough to fit in a pocket stolen and all the cards searched for cash. They then stuffed all the packaging back in and sealed it with "Poste Italiane security check" tape.

Bastards.

I've also had countless stuff go missing from online orders. There's a very cheap contact lens supplier in canada that will only deal with me through courier services now. My subscription to PC Gamer UK makes it through about two out of every three months, but even then it's often late (and I mean late as in the january issue arriving three days after the february one).

This is really the only thing that is making me wonder if it's worth sending off for one of your caps... I'm not too confident that I'd actually receive it.

I sent a rare antique watch to Italy (ebay auction). Luckily I packed it in a STEEL box and put it in another large box.

The customer e-mailed and said the package was mangled almost beyond recognition. It was crushed and falling apart and looked as if it had been dropped from a plane, even the STEEL inner box was dented! Surprisingly he said the watch was not damaged.

These caps of mine really are tough, it is not just a sales pitch. This nylatron is super strong. When I machine the stuff the curly chips made from machining sometimes wrap around the workpiece. It is like pulling apart a cocoon from "Aliens" to get the chips free it is so strong. Sometimes I have to cut the wrapped chips off because I cant do it by hand. The fact that this guys stick was cut and split like that suprises me. That really sucks. It is almost as if it WAS run over by a truck.

Why is that? I really am curious as to what they do in their post offices there. It is like they TRY to damage things.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine was in perfect shape and MAN what a difference! It only took 3 days to get (I'm in the US) and I was a little scared to try it at first as it was a little bigger than I expected, but it works like a champ. I heard someone say you can almost use it like a d-pad, and I thought no way, but it's true. It's nice to be able to just push down instead of pushing the crappy stick from the side. Sub-Zero now can easily throw his ice....try to kill me now MFers!

Esn posted on Feb 4 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
So what are the measurements of this thing? How wide is it?

I wonder if some of the GP2X retailers would consider giving their customers the option of adding this to their order? Although it would mean a lot more work for DaveC - I don't know if he'd manage it. :ph34r:

It is about 20 mm in diameter.

I got mine within a few days,and i live in the uk. The Cap is a real improvement,and it doesn`t look out of place. It also come with a detailed instruction sheet.

Thanx DaveC

Thanks DaveC,

Received my joystick cap today and couldn't be more happier as it is such an improvement, it’s exceeded my expectations. It took barely a week to arrive here in the UK.

When playing Mr. Do! I had no problem getting a series of eight cherries which I found very difficult using the standard cap.

Also if you let your thumb slide around the cap it feels very much like using a miniature version of an intellivision controller, which is great for playing games like Gyruss and Time Pilot.

Makes playing games on my gp2x much more fun.

Ok got mine today. HOLY CRAP!!!

my exact quote after installation was: this is light years better than that old piece of shit.
GPH should pay you to make these in mass quantities and come standard on the gp2x. nobody that plays games of ANY type on their gp2x should be without this. i really liked how tiny the stock one was, thought it was cool, but the convex head shape and the faux "traction" texture just make it impractical. this enlarged one fits, looks great, and works better.

best $10 ive spent on my GP2x since i got it.

and *ding*

all your page 8 are belong to us

Cheers Dave, just to let you know, mine arrived today, very pleased with it, well worth buying. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
Thanks.

Hi Dave

I'm interested in buying a mod cap and I was wondering what are your
instructions for a purchase? For example paypal or credit card?
Need that mod Asap.

Nixeon32 B)

Knoxximus posted on Feb 21 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
Hey DaveC....how long ago did you ship minez out? :ph34r:
Oooh edgy! :lol:

yep gota admitt, i got one of these from dave.....they are the nuts and make gaming on the gp2x much much more enjoyable. :)

cheers

randomman posted on Feb 22 2006 at 06:13 AM said:
Just a quick question how do you install the cap

You pull off the old one and press on the new. Easy.

To those asking about how long it will be before your arrives, please PM with your paypal e-mail etc that you used and I can check. They are sent out a day or two at the most after payment is made. If it is made on a Friday it is sent Monday.

Talyz posted on Feb 23 2006 at 09:11 PM said:
Seriously, you're making quite a lot of money from this, Dave, aren't you? No offence, but 11$... Postage? ;)
I can't imagine that making them is a very easy task. It is probably pretty boring too. And I think gp32z is selling them for $14 now.

Talyz posted on Feb 23 2006 at 08:11 PM said:
Seriously, you're making quite a lot of money from this, Dave, aren't you? No offence, but 11$... Postage? ;)

Am I making something, yes. It takes time to do though. Making them by hand, addressing envelopes, going to the post office all takes time. Filling out all of those customs forms gives my hand cramps :p If the price seems too much then I would not buy it. I honestly can't sell cheaper and have it worth all of the time and work though, sorry.

Back