Regretfully Cancelling my Order -- Who do I email?

Wolenber

Well, I'm sorry to say that enough is enough. I've waited two years for this device to come to fruition (shorter than some of you, I know), and it's simply taken too long. Although the form factor has yet to be matched, the specs are simply too low for me to justify the cost. That said, I'm cancelling my order (sorry, OpenPandora, I know it wasn't your fault). Best of luck to those of you with more patience than I do, I hope you enjoy your Pandoras!

Oh yeah, and one more thing... Who do I email to cancel it? I tried sending one to where I originally ordered, and never got a reply.

Well, I'm sorry to say that enough is enough. I've waited two years for this device to come to fruition (shorter than some of you, I know), and it's simply taken too long. Although the form factor has yet to be matched, the specs are simply too low for me to justify the cost. That said, I'm cancelling my order (sorry, OpenPandora, I know it wasn't your fault). Best of luck to those of you with more patience than I do, I hope you enjoy your Pandoras!

Oh yeah, and one more thing... Who do I email to cancel it? I tried sending one to where I originally ordered, and never got a reply.

Specs too low? What were you planning to do with it?

I compared games and emulators to current smartphones - and the Pandora was faster most of the time.

For cancelling, it depends on where you ordered it.

Either openpandorasales@gmail.com (if you ordered from the UK shop) or shop@gp2x.de (if you ordered from the German shop).

Specs too low? What were you planning to do with it?

I compared games and emulators to current smartphones - and the Pandora was faster most of the time.
It's faster than a lot of phones out there now, but with NVidea's Kal-El being released, and rumours of the Eee Pad Transformer 2 coming in October, this would be a low-end device for a mid-end price. That said, I still love the device. If I come up with enough money to afford one later, I may still buy it.

Either openpandorasales@gmail.com (if you ordered from the UK shop) or shop@gp2x.de (if you ordered from the German shop).
I ordered from the UK shop, and openpandorasales@gmail.com was indeed where I sent my first cancel order, as well as where I bought the actual device. As said in my original message, I never got a reply when I sent the email (sent on 8/25/2011, for further information) there.

Don't cancel. The specs definitely aren't too low. I have several recent handhelds and a smart phone, but my Pandora gets the lion's share of my gaming time. And I feel like I've still just scratched the surface of what it's able to do. It's worth the wait.

Don't cancel. The specs definitely aren't too low. I have several recent handhelds and a smart phone, but my Pandora gets the lion's share of my gaming time. And I feel like I've still just scratched the surface of what it's able to do. It's worth the wait.

That's what I also think.

The specs of most devices are higher - but that also leads to the issue that companies are not optimizing their stuff.

If there's a better phone each half a year, why even bother with optimizing?

It's what I hate nowadays. Companies try to make you buy the newest stuff, just because the specs are better.

Looking at how long normal gaming consoles existed (i.e. PSX, PS2, SNES, N64, PS3, XBox360, etc.) and how the games developed and became better, I honestly think it will take a few years to really make USE of the specs a device has.

With an OS that's not really commercially supported (like Linux), it's even worse to try to use newer devices, as it takes time to write and optimize drivers for it.

Normally, hardware that's 1 - 2 years old works way better with Linux than the latest state-of-the-art machine on which you will most probably have driver and software issues.

That didn't work when I asked for a refund over one month ago!

If I were getting a device purely for gaming I would keep my order, however gaming is only one of the features I'm looking for. Youtube capibility, and note-taking also factor into the decision. As a small, all-around pc, the pandora is a great option, but Android is becoming so well supported it now fits my needs, but with a larger screen.

Still, best of luck to those with more patience.

A fully understandable decision. I certainly hope that you will return to us once the unit is deliverable from stock. In my opinion, the device is definitely worth it.

yeah .i know how you feel.

Ive only been waiting 15 months,but have followed the project for years,and its time to cancel.

Cant be arsed with the delays anymore so i will send a email for a refund.

Hope the project is a success,and goes well.

Good luck

Is it possible that Craig is having money problems now, what with all the setbacks and everything? I don't imagine the iControlPad is selling that well either :(

Could it be that the reason your emails seem to go missing so much just lately is that they're deliberately waiting until they have enough cash to actually fund the refund?

It would be good to get Craig's word on why these cancellations seem to go ignored so much just lately.

D.

I don't imagine the iControlPad is selling that well either :(

Depends how you measure success. It's chugging over quite nicely. The level of interest is pretty high, and the software library keeps on growing.

It's what I hate nowadays. Companies try to make you buy the newest stuff, just because the specs are better.

This has never been truer of anything than of mobile phones. The whole market is geared towards sapping your money with disposable crap, so much so that the up-front cost of a mobile phone has sky-rocketed beyond all sane limits and people are locked into mortgage-like contracts with absurdly increasing terms ( 24 months seems to be the norm now ) in order to afford them. It's all a massive fustercluck and the consumer is right in the middle looking like a painters radio.

Watching from the sidelines and seeing the Pandora blossom shows just how much you can squeeze out of comparatively mediocre hardware if it's given more than 6 months attention from a developer. By contrast, the Android market is a fickle, fragmented, money-gobbling cess-pit.

Still... I can't help but like the look of the Galaxy Note.

Wolenber; best of luck with wherever you turn. Pssstt.. the iControlPad is awesome ;)

unless you are massively strapped for cash, i don't see why its not worth sitting on the pre-order til it does arrive and then finding out if you DO like it, and if not selling it for pretty much double what you bought it for. chances are you'll like it anyway but at least you'll then get to see.

unless you are massively strapped for cash, i don't see why its not worth sitting on the pre-order til it does arrive and then finding out if you DO like it

Well I only said "for personal reason" in my cancel e-mails to openpandorasales and in my PMs to EvilDragon. But I don't think my cash issues are worth mentioning compared to theirs. It's a pity for us all, them and me, but I do need my money back now.

I had time to get a girl and have a child since I ordered my Pandora, so I'm now shifting priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
unless you are massively strapped for cash, i don't see why its not worth sitting on the pre-order til it does arrive and then finding out if you DO like it

Well I only said "for personal reason" in my cancel e-mails to openpandorasales and in my PMs to EvilDragon. But I don't think my cash issues are worth mentioning compared to theirs. It's a pity for us all, them and me, but I do need my money back now.

I had time to get a girl and have a child since I ordered my Pandora, so I'm now shifting priorities.
that's fair enough man and good luck to you. it was more targeted at the original poster who still seems in the market for a new device so may be able to hold out and afford it.

Is it possible that Craig is having money problems now, what with all the setbacks and everything? I don't imagine the iControlPad is selling that well either :(

Craigix said ho doesn't want to use maney from iCP for OpenPandora (in investors thread). And since iCP Ltd and OP Ltd are separate companies I'm not sure it would be even legal.

I've lost all interest in the Pandora device and have been trying to get a refund for months now, after waiting more than 2 years. For a while, I would get reply's from Jacqueline, but now I get NO response. I am not happy with Pandora at the moment. I, too, suspect that they are not really solvent and have no money to refund. I hope I am wrong.

Same here. First time i tried to cancel my order was 3 months ago although i did use a different email address than the one i used to order the pandora. I sent 2 further emails after waiting about a month each time. Still no reply, so i honestly do not think i will get my money back. Or an answer.

there's a phone number somewhere isn't there?

There is indeed! It is (form the email footer of the last reply I got) "Tel.No. +44 (0)191 2432253 (10am - 4pm GMT - Monday to Friday)".

It does not however, get answered as far as I can tell. Rings once, then silence.

Back