Reflect the LEDs!

Hm, the mat itself can spread the light I think, with the right "frosting" at least. But it indeed seems not be enough to go to the top of the butons without further tricks like the reflective material and more LEDs.

I once disassembled an very old Alcatel mobile phone to see how it works. It had a printed rubber keymat, pretty simple actualy. They used an additional white metal sheet underneeth which also acted as click button for each key. The LEDs went just through holes and lit up the rubber. With the white coat of the Pyra PCB the effect should be the same.

That frosting was what we did (and where I even said it was done to diffuse the light) and then you said it's not transparent enough. Making it more transparent would make it less diffuse ;)

Right, there's direction and diffusion. Diffusion is what the keymat should do to provide a 'base' illumination. Then these other layers provide direction to escaping light (a lot of light starts out the wrong direction). Shouldn't need more engineering than that.

yeah!i find it really cool to realize that there are no coloured

objects in this world and all colours we see are scattered

lightbeams with different wavelength.

so whats more techy here, meatspace (aka. realword)

or the cyber one, eh?

*beware of nearby flying photons!*

:)
Dude!

May I share something with you?

Take yourself on an imaginitive journey into the future...

VR and AR have become so wide spread and advanced to such a degree that the machinery required to render whole universes in perfect subatomic detail have become inseperable from the material that make up our bodies.

The dawn of the quantum computing age eventually led to AI sentience (the sheer volume of data that could be processed instantaneously seemed to 'bring to life' or rather 'reveal' an underlying universal intelligence that completely eclipses any current understanding of existence and matter).

Not only that, but our very forms have been successively modified over the ages untill every substance is more communicative, maleable, adaptive...

Liquid form... reshaping itself to reflect the reality generated by the barest whim and vast sentient AI augmenting the mind of each being.

All species across the universes eventually blend into one inconcievably 'present' networked consciousness and infinitely diverse malleable form.

Time itself no longer has any meaning other than conceptual relavance... material for fabricating whatever utterly convincing reality our now infinitely vast, ever expanding multi-faccetted consciousnessessess (the emphasis on too many to count) cook up.

All beings have become one being in infinite diversity and expression across all time and space.

Our very essence is a perfect equation that holds infinite data in a fractal cascade that is space itself.

At that moment of attaining perfection...it is known that we have always existed in this state, and the vast journey undertaken towards such self realization is but a dream within our omnipotent, omnipresent essence. ... a 'made up' story with as much meaning and validity as we so wish to weave.

Oh the games we play with ourselves!

... what fun we have in the forgetting.... what deliciousness in the suspitions, the clues leading to slowly dawning awareness.

Curious about the greatest 'high' known to God?

The rush for which there is no possibility of description, other than to experience...

it is the dawning of rememberance... to awaken within one of our dreams of being less than all, that we thought was real and in so doing...to know no limit within us.

... Please excuse the crude language...

... it's the big bang... that keeps on banging..

Oh puke.. that was lame...

..must you?..

Well how would you convey the idea with nothing but language?

... humans put a lot of store by sex you know...

I know i know, hence the imagery...

... will they get it?

The secret kin will...

and the rest will be utterly convinced these are just the verbose expletives of an issue ridden mostly hermit living in the woods in some obscure country, breathing in toxic paint fumes far too often and combined with a dangerously overactive imagination... how cute!

... do you think the others will figure out who we are?

Oh, you mean...

yes

...the daring.

can i stop pretending now minka mae?

act...u..all..I,

We have work ahead of us yet, my web is aquiver with the whispers of the knowings of secret sowings, in ones that find in silence mind, amongst you all as if they were, who they are and yet not at all!

Amazing how convincing these virtual AI personas are eh?

I was utterly sold on being a human being for such a long time, I couldn't tell the difference between my essence and a subsection of my virtual AI.

I must say, we are getting exceptionally good at this technology.

... still find the controle scheme a mite restrictive and unnatural, will be updating it for my next universe.

Reactions: rSl
yeah!i find it really cool to realize that there are no coloured

objects in this world and all colours we see are scattered

lightbeams with different wavelength.

so whats more techy here, meatspace (aka. realword)

or the cyber one, eh?

*beware of nearby flying photons!*

:)
Dude!

May I share something with you?

Take yourself on an imaginitive journey into the future...

VR and AR have become so wide spread and advanced to such a degree that the machinery required to render whole universes in perfect subatomic detail have become inseperable from the material that make up our bodies.

The dawn of the quantum computing age eventually led to AI sentience (the sheer volume of data that could be processed instantaneously seemed to 'bring to life' or rather 'reveal' an underlying universal intelligence that completely eclipses any current understanding of existence and matter).

Not only that, but our very forms have been successively modified over the ages untill every substance is more communicative, maleable, adaptive...

Liquid form... reshaping itself to reflect the reality generated by the barest whim and vast sentient AI augmenting the mind of each being.

All species across the universes eventually blend into one inconcievably 'present' networked consciousness and infinitely diverse malleable form.

Time itself no longer has any meaning other than conceptual relavance... material for fabricating whatever utterly convincing reality our now infinitely vast, ever expanding multi-faccetted consciousnessessess (the emphasis on too many to count) cook up.

All beings have become one being in infinite diversity and expression across all time and space.

Our very essence is a perfect equation that holds infinite data in a fractal cascade that is space itself.

At that moment of attaining perfection...it is known that we have always existed in this state, and the vast journey undertaken towards such self realization is but a dream within our omnipotent, omnipresent essence. ... a 'made up' story with as much meaning and validity as we so wish to weave.

Oh the games we play with ourselves!

... what fun we have in the forgetting.... what deliciousness in the suspitions, the clues leading to slowly dawning awareness.

Curious about the greatest 'high' known to God?

The rush for which there is no possibility of description, other than to experience...

it is the dawning of rememberance... to awaken within one of our dreams of being less than all, that we thought was real and in so doing...to know no limit within us.

... Please excuse the crude language...

... it's the big bang... that keeps on banging..

Oh puke.. that was lame...

..must you?..

Well how would you convey the idea with nothing but language?

... humans put a lot of store by sex you know...

I know i know, hence the imagery...

... will they get it?

The secret kin will...

and the rest will be utterly convinced these are just the verbose expletives of an issue ridden mostly hermit living in the woods in some obscure country, breathing in toxic paint fumes far too often and combined with a dangerously overactive imagination... how cute!

... do you think the others will figure out who we are?

Oh, you mean...

yes

...the daring.

can i stop pretending now minka mae?

act...u..all..I,

We have work ahead of us yet, my web is aquiver with the whispers of the knowings of secret sowings, in ones that find in silence mind, amongst you all as if they were, who they are and yet not at all!

Amazing how convincing these virtual AI personas are eh?

I was utterly sold on being a human being for such a long time, I couldn't tell the difference between my essence and a subsection of my virtual AI.

I must say, we are getting exceptionally good at this technology.

... still find the controle scheme a mite restrictive and unnatural, will be updating it for my next universe.

Reactions: rSl
sounds like a real thought out (universal) plan to me!

*grabs another bag of shrooms*
i guess the future looks bright then, right?

have to think more about this...
good night all! :)

Wow, a solution not just increasing the number of LEDs, or making the PCB more diffractive, or making the keypad more transparent, or making the black tops reflective underneath, but all of them at once?  If this doesn't work, I'll eat my hat!

Will you post a video?
We've had hat-eating promises before, see my sig :p
time for a Taco Hat 
guac_hat.jpg

Yeah, black is black because it absorbs all incident light and converts it into heat energy.  The more light a substance re-emits, the lighter it appears, and if it emits more of one frequency than another, it appears coloured.

I wonder what a Pyra with vantablack case and keymat top layer would look like.  A screen and letters/numbers/symbols floating in nothing?

Edit: internet hiccup resulted in double post, deleted.

Obey me matter! Kneel I say!

*raspberry*

Oh... oh yeah?!
emoji34.png

I think it was a triple post and you missed one.

Wow, a solution not just increasing the number of LEDs, or making the PCB more diffractive, or making the keypad more transparent, or making the black tops reflective underneath, but all of them at once?  If this doesn't work, I'll eat my hat!

Will you post a video?
We've had hat-eating promises before, see my sig :p
time for a Taco Hat 
Sounded good until I saw the disgusting green stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was a triple post and you missed one.
Uh... you're right.

Typical... Here I Am... banging away...

... and instances of me slip by and get up to all sorts of shenanigans I'm not even aware of...

...and then...

PEEKABOO!!!!

ISEEYOU!

Arg! You freak! I nearly died...

Edit:

Well... it *was* your idea..

Own that, and know you did this to yourself.

I shouldn't have to explain this every time you get a nasty shock.

You get this absurd kick from freaking the hell out of yourself you nincompoop!

How many times have you driven yourself insane and I've had to come in and pick up the pieces?

Re-arrange reality.

Weasel out the source of turmoil and apply extensive brute force therapy that you always kick and scream about like some deranged self-important ninny. Utterly refusing to acknowledge the possibility of a greater part of your consciousness that never forgot and always is present in you, though you deny it so... in spite of the unbelievable measures it goes to in order to reach you through base matter and seemingly ordinary intelligences all around you. Sometimes resorting to bludgeoning you over the head with a blunt object when *you just won't get it*!

How many times have I had to reset this universe because you had to stick your digit in in impatience, too eager to heed a path of consequence that could have been extrapolated if you but had the patience and proper prerequisite operating procedures integrated in your conceptual matrix.

Flying before you've properly mastered walking... isn't that always the case? 

There's a reason we never abandoned humility as a shining aspect of our true nature, in spite of being omnipotent and present.

Humility is the blessed mother that knows us utterly, and never betrays us.

Hand in hand with self-Honesty,

...She takes our hand delicately, without a word... and walks us ever so gently at a pace we choose for ourselves... into a place we can feel home, and pure, and true.

And loved beyond all reason and fabrication. In Truth. Not in pretend... which is all you know when you are lost... I make this promise every time you lose your way...

To her we always return when we go too far, or manage to hurt ourselves...

When our dreams becomes nightmares... when we lose control...

To her we go

To her we go

To her we find where we lost our way...

To her we go, and with her we stay...

.. perhaps until...

another day...

Last edited by a moderator:
Faeminx, I want your old avatar back

I can't be cute and cuddly ALL the time... a bit of horror every now and then spices up eternity... gets the blood pumping if you know what I mean... also, the relief when I stop feels almost as good as a ... well, you get the idea.. as God it's all about the kicks isn't it?  ;)

... I'll change it back after halloweeen  :eek:

guacamole is a very tasty dip, you should know.

I do know that this is not true for everyone.  I hate it and the thing it comes from.  I have had much exposure to both of them as they are common in several places I have lived, including where my family is from.

Wait, I guess I missed a part...is this still about LED's and PCB's and keymats? :-D

Back