Recordered Delivery

i ordered an mk2 off gp2x.co.uk a few days ago
ordered a console + tv/out cable and chose recordered uk delivery.
It says this above the shipping method, i didnt see it when i ordered it(Note: Recorded delivery is available in the UK only for items under the value of £35).
Obviously the console is more then £35.
I had no confirmation to tell me they recieved order or any other emails yet.
what should i do about the delivery method + where can i go to check my order status (using my order number)
thanks

You normally get one saying it's been despatched thats for sure, but that could take a varying amount of time.

You can always email them and ask though...

Recorded Delivery works fine. I had mine shipped with it, didn't have a problem. Unless you're really paranoid about it getting broken in the mail, opt for something with better insurence, but I personally think it's a waste of money, the Post Office are very careful with recorded deliverys.

It just means the max the post office would give you if it got lost is £35, it doesn't mean an item with more value can't be sent using recorded delivery.

o right thanks
i dont care too much about insurance
i was just worried they said "OMG DIS N4B CHOSE THE DELIVERY THAT SAYS ONLY £35 AND UNDER"
and not send it or something
how long your shipping take using recorded delivery?

o right thanks
i dont care too much about insurance
i was just worried they said "OMG DIS N4B CHOSE THE DELIVERY THAT SAYS ONLY £35 AND UNDER"
and not send it or something
how long your shipping take using recorded delivery?

I made the same mistake ... but it was very late at night when I ordered it, which is my excuse!

A few days later (4) I got an email from Jacquelyn at GP2X sales asking for authority to bill my CC another £1.74 for Special Delivery shipping.

I replied immediately, but have not heard anything since. Can't see the extra money being taken from my CC either. Oh well, I'll keep on waiting ....
Annoyingly IWOOT now have the MK2 on their webpage and I had a 10% off voucher for them but didn't order one 'cause they said they only had MK1s.

Oh well at least gp2x.co.uk is active in the community, so I'm happy to give them business.

Cheers
Addy.

Last edited by a moderator:
...the Post Office are very careful with recorded deliverys.
You are jesting right? Ever seen the television documentaries (Panarama I think was one of them, and an undercover program too) about how "careful" they are with our beloved parcels and post? You are lucky if they just use it as a football...

Ever had mail opened, especially if it looks like a birthday card which might contain cash?.....I know I have... - I wish I was joking; but i'm not.

I made the same mistake ... but it was very late at night when I ordered it, which is my excuse!

A few days later (4) I got an email from Jacquelyn at GP2X sales asking for authority to bill my CC another £1.74 for Special Delivery shipping.

I replied immediately, but have not heard anything since. Can't see the extra money being taken from my CC either. Oh well, I'll keep on waiting ....
Annoyingly IWOOT now have the MK2 on their webpage and I had a 10% off voucher for them but didn't order one 'cause they said they only had MK1s.

Oh well at least gp2x.co.uk is active in the community, so I'm happy to give them business.

Cheers
Addy.
Give them a call if you are in the UK.

Back