Really Frustrated...

ookami007

Still Fresh
I got an AData 4GB SD Memory card and gave it to a friend of mine to load some MAME stuff on it.

In the meantime, I ripped a few movies to load on the rest of the card.

I put the card in my built-in reader and it was recognized, no problem. The first movie loaded no problem. I loaded the card into the GP2X and it played well.

Then I tried to load another movie. That's when the fun began. It started having write problems and I can't seem to recognize it in the card reader anymore.

Not only that, but none of the 4 computers in my house recognize the GP2X when I plug it into the USB, so I can't even try loading it that way.

Any ideas?

I should also mention... I received a new 2GB SD today and I can't get my reader to do anything with it, and again... I can't get any computer to recognize the GP2X through USB.

You might have an ass usb cable, or an ass reader. :(

check the cable first..if that doesn't work try finding anything that can format it other then your card..like a pda, camera, zodiac etc.

If not..oh noes.

Oh ya, order a crazy korean reader they are dirt cheap and usually come fast..dirt cheap like 3-4 dollars.

Here's something you could try that managed to work for me: Install the drivers of some cheap 128mb MP3 player drivers.

Rightclick "My Computer" -> properties. Go to.. err. Device manager, and see if it has "USB Mass Storage Device".. It probably doesn't. That's what you need to install!

Myself, I think I googled "Actions USB MP3 drivers" (since I happen to have one of those, and I think it fixed some other USB problems I had earlier. Ofcourse I couldn't find the CD of it) or something along those lines (without the ""s probably), came up with the drivers for some 128mb player on Driverguide, installed that, and it worked! It actually still have the exact files I used somewhere on my PC at home (I am at school now) and if you wait a few hours, I might upload them so you could try it out for yourself.. Unless ofcourse you're going to try out some drivers yourself you find on the 'net...

Oh, and if this manages to work for you, I'll make sure to add it to the Wiki.. :)

Back