Question About Formating Sd Card

WhiteDawn

Still Fresh
I know that gpx2 doesn't like it when XP formats a SD Card like a hard-drive, therefore you need a card reader to format it. I under stand all that, but sadly my new motherboard only has 1 IDE port, and the master and slave's are taken by my CD drive and DVD drive. (hard-drives in RAID in case your wondering). I personally don't want to be swapping IDE cables when I want to load data onto the SD Card.
I know you can't format while gp2x is connected by USB, but can you use a external USB card reader to do the formating? and will it be successful?

WhiteDawn said:
I know that gpx2 doesn't like it when XP formats a SD Card like a hard-drive, therefore you need a card reader to format it. I under stand all that, but sadly my new motherboard only has 1 IDE port, and the master and slave's are taken by my CD drive and DVD drive. (hard-drives in RAID in case your wondering). I personally don't want to be swapping IDE cables when I want to load data onto the SD Card.
I know you can't format while gp2x is connected by USB, but can you use a external USB card reader to do the formating? and will it be successful?
I use a cheap USB card reader and i get it to format the SD Card into FAT32 format, and it works fine :)

No need to plug the SD card into pc via IDE cables, no idea where you got that info from....

Last edited by a moderator:
i think he's talking about using an internal card reader.

formatting using an external card reader should work fine if there's nothing wrong with your card.

rokdcasbah said:
i think he's talking about using an internal card reader.

formatting using an external card reader should work fine if there's nothing wrong with your card.
alright, thanks for the reply. And yes I was talking about a internal card reader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back