Re-bought A Ds

Angel posted on Mar 14 2006 at 03:09 PM said:
yep, i guess it'll sit with the rest of my unfinished RPG collection with Xenogears and Final Fantasy I and II

I guess you can tell im a Xenogears fan from the avatar, but i think you should pull that one out of the closet. Its tedious at times, but that game has one of the best storys ever, regardless of medium. You have to play it through at least once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to this thread, i have put my purchase of a PSP on hold, to finance a new lekky guitar.

Nova posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:37 AM said:
Due to this thread, i have put my purchase of a PSP on hold, to finance a new lekky guitar.

I'd say that's a good choice :)

[hijack]

What guitar you looking at getting?

[/hijack]

Something reasonably cheap, around psp priced, my ol' trusty squier strat aint so trusty any more, so i'm looking to replace that. Any suggestions?

i too sold my ds a couple month after getting it, wouldn't you know as soon as i sell it all the good games come out...

Nova: The one you showed me last night is good, or the LPj2.

I'm getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard in trans blue soon :)

Nova posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:57 AM said:
Something reasonably cheap, around psp priced, my ol' trusty squier strat aint so trusty any more, so i'm looking to replace that. Any suggestions?
Honestly, pinch your pennies and wait till you can afford something a bit better. I've owned both a $200 guitar and a $600 guitar (Canadian money, probably cheaper in the States) and the difference is huge. The difference is even bigger with a $1000+ guitar, but you can get a very nice guitar for $500-600 if you buy new and you're smart, cheaper if you buy used.

A friend of mine bought a Fender Jaguar on ebay in the US and got it shipped to the UK. It cost a lot less than the asking price for it in England. I think it was around that $500 - $600 mark.

grahf posted on Mar 15 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
Angel posted on Mar 14 2006 at 03:09 PM said:
yep, i guess it'll sit with the rest of my unfinished RPG collection with Xenogears and Final Fantasy I and II

I guess you can tell im a Xenogears fan from the avatar, but i think you should pull that one out of the closet. Its tedious at times, but that game has one of the best storys ever, regardless of medium. You have to play it through at least once.

It's been like 3 years, but i remember where i'm at, i got stuck in this temple underground where when you go in there is a door under water and you have to turn knobs to drain the water, no matter what I do i cannot get to the door, even when the water is like inches deep, it still won't let me get through. Maybe i'll finally just look at a walkthrough.

Yes, the DS was a slow starter with only Mario 64 to its name at launch, but then the good games started pouring in.

When I saw the DS at the E3 debut I thought to myself it was really cool and there was lots of potential but it'd all depend on there being games that used the potential. I didn't get my DS until 2 years later now I have about 8 or 9 games most of which are very strong titles and while they use much of their functionality very well there's still a slight feelings sometimes that elements are tacked on. Not to say they arnt well used but in many cases the best games seem to be games that would have been just as fun if they were just on a stronger 3D GBA.

For my money the best games for the DS are the adventure games like Trace memory and Phoenix Wright (capcom's shipping more units of it, I encourage more people to buy it, even if the added functions of the DS over the original GBA versions arnt super awesome, the game itself is worth it) and a couple of the more simple action/arcade games like Kirby and Castlevania. Best use of the touch screen would have to go to Trauma Center: under the knife. The only thing now though is that is seems like the DS is running into a dry spell. I'd buy Metroid Pinball but the price is a bit steep for me right now for a pinball game and the love affair with Metroid Prime: Hunters has dried up for me now as it seems to have become more of a regular old cookie-cutter deathmatch FPS from recent previews rather than the more interesting solo adventure of it's console counterparts so aside from that there dosent seem to be many more games on the horizon atleast in the immediate future that I find myself intersted in.

The PSP has been pretty stable for me, I had 6 or 7 games for it and the depth they had kept them all I needed for a while. I bought a couple of games like Prince of persia and generation of chaos only to be horribly dissapointed with both and went back to the other games I hadn't beaten yet only now to be hit with a sudden flow of new games starting to arrive like Megaman: Powered Up (remixed mode adds two new bosses as well as the ability to play as the enemy bosses and the ability to create your own stages to share online) and the new Metal Gear Acid as well as Daxter (which really is a good playing action game worth the 40 bucks). There are others I didn't go into but it almost seems as if Sony waited untill DS games slowed down before releasing a bunch of cool games for the PSP.

I really think you should have concidered waiting for the DSlite though, the extra money would have been worth it for the better screen and lighter overall weight. I imported a specific color they didn't sell in the US for my DS and even I'm concidering trading it for a Lite.

I really think you should have concidered waiting for the DSlite though, the extra money would have been worth it for the better screen and lighter overall weight. I imported a specific color they didn't sell in the US for my DS and even I'm concidering trading it for a Lite.

Honestly doesnt bother me! The fact that you imported a different colour DS means that you care a lot about what it looks like, but in the end, I'm happy enough with the curent DS. I could hang around forever waiting for things, but I wanna PLAY! After all, that's what these things are for isn't it? Not buying it for a fashion accessory :) The only real bonus would be the screen, and like I said, for the extra layout, I dont know if its worth it for me.

To each his own I suppose!

Fair enough, I wasnt refering to the fashion aspects of it though. yeah it's pretty but the new screen and easier to carry shape are the things that made it more enticing to me and seems as if it would improve the quality of your time with the games.

But in the end the important thing is you're happy with your purchase and dont have any regrets.

I'm curious (not sure if this was mentioned yet), do you find yourself using it more at home or on the road?

I actually use my handhelds mostly at home also. Great for playing in bed, or even while sitting on the couch while someone else is watching tv. Which is not to say i dont use the outside of the house, juse mostly at home.

Back