Re-bought A Ds

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Back last march, I bought a DS whilst in the states. I gave it a good two months, then finallly got rid of it to a friend to put the cash towards a newer, shinier PSP.

Today, I was bored, so drove into town. I saw a deal at HMV (of all places) for the DS with Mariokart and Sonic Rush. Sod it, I thought, lets see whats been cooking in DS land since I left it (I cant be arsed to wait for the Lite, and with an offer like that, who could refuse!?)

Blimey! Thngs haven't half improved since I last played! I was well impressed with both of the games I got with it! Nintendo certaily havent lost sight of the gameplay side of things! I had Mario 64 with my first DS, which was great, but I struggled to fina anything else around at the time.

I missed the whole Mariokart thing first time around, but I can now see what all the fuss was about :) Sonic, I have more experience with, but I was so suprised at how good the new offering for the DS was! Hits those more recent 3d eforts out of the ballpark! Keep sonic 2d! (or mostly 2d!).

Looking forward to the 'New Super Mario Bros' game - looks really nice!

Just shows - despite the DS's lower spec, the two games I got with it today blow anything I've played on the PSP out of the water gameplay-wise. I lie my PSP, don't get me wrong, but the DS is great in a totally different way. Nice to have some games with real ameplay rather than just flashy graphics. Now where's my Gp2x? Wanna get up to date with Mario before the new one comes out :)

I know this isnt exactly a groungbreaking topic, bu I had to say something :D

I too sold my DS within months of first getting one from japan, similarly this was also to fund a PSP.

I deeply regret that decision now. My PSP is long gone and has been replaced with an iPod of all things and I just don't have the disposable income to purchase a DS again...I must admit I want one badly, particularly for Sonic Rush, but also for many of the other games I've read so much about recently.

Twimfy posted on Mar 12 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
I too sold my DS within months of first getting one from japan, similarly this was also to fund a PSP.

I deeply regret that decision now. My PSP is long gone and has been replaced with an iPod of all things and I just don't have the disposable income to purchase a DS again...I must admit I want one badly, particularly for Sonic Rush, but also for many of the other games I've read so much about recently.

Yeah - £99.99 at HMV with those two games. Not bad at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Mario Kart DS and Tony Hawk's American Sk8land are probably my two favorite in their respective series, so the DS must be doing something right.

2006 is looking to be an amazing year for the DS. There are so many great games being released (and soon to be released). Ive bought more games for my DS in 3 months than ive bought for my PS2 and Gamecube all year. Cant wait to get my hands on that new Mario.. something about the videos that gave me that same feeling i got as a kid, first playing the originals on NES.

PSyMastR posted on Mar 12 2006 at 12:13 AM said:
Why did you buy a DS now? The DS lite is just 1-2 months away.
Axeman posted on Mar 11 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
Sod it, I thought, lets see whats been cooking in DS land since I left it (I cant be arsed to wait for the Lite, and with an offer like that, who could refuse!?)
i dont blame him. that truly is a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you mean by "blows it out of the water gameplay-wise". Everybody today thinks that a game's great if it has awesome-super-3D-squared graphics, but it's the gameplay that makes a game impossible to put down. Mario Kart DS is an amazing game. Nothing on the PSP compares to it gameplay-wise. WarioWare Touched is a brilliant pick-up-and-play game, and Nintendo's innovative concepts they've put in the DS give you a completely new gaming experience. I for one certainly don't regret getting it, and I don't think I ever will.

And just think, only a few months ago people were saying the NDS was a huge failure.

cant agree more, apart from ridge racer and that golf game ive not enjoyed anything ive played on the psp. i was gonna get sonic ds last weekend but i managed to find a 2nd hand trauma center: under the knife for 20 quid, its hard at times but brilliant.

Yeah - Evrybody's Golf (or whatever it was called) is one of the best PSP games. There are good games, but there's just something about the DS games at the moment. Dunno what it is exactly, but it makes me want to play them, so it must be good :)

I've got to admit that when I next have some cash I think the DS or DS lite is going to be where I'm spending rather than PSP or even the GP2x. A pity because the GP2x could have been so nice with a beefy processor.

I too am enjoying my DS more than my PSP, i only have 3 games for my PSP, and have 6 with my DS. I suggest Mario and Luigi partners in time, its actually really good despite being extremely cartoony and kidish.

I also suggest getting for the PSP Untold Legends. A very nice game with great gameplay and the price for it is nice too. I got mine for $25 new

i shall be getting a lite to, i dunno wether to hang on for the uk launch though. yeah mario & luigi 2 is a brilliant game, around 20 hours worth of highly enjoyable rpg-ness, although i got rid of mine saturday, i had to have some way of getting fight night 3. i couldnt kill the last boss anyways.......... <_<

thats where i quit playing, the last boss, probably was fighting her for 40 mins and just gave up. its retarded long. not hard, long, and you almost run out of items before the 2nd form, and hopefully there's not a 3rd form or i'll really be in trouble, don't know, haven't played it in over 2 months because its so retarded long.

Back