Rainy Day - Game Project

Well let me just say this. When I saw the repo's new UI mockup and saw the title screen of Rainy Day, I had to go forth and search for this game. After seeing the game's graphics/style it's definately going to be one of if not the best game that I play on the platform and also I must say... the sound effects sound amazing/the graphics are really awesome. I only saw the first couple of videos, and the demo. But damn... you and your partner are wizards or something. It is just beautiful and I cannot wait for mass production to ramp up on the pandora/for the game to be released. Once it is, I'll be sure to give you some cash via paypal since I believe you'll be releasing it for free(as you have on the other games on your site).

Maybe I missed it, but is there a working demo versio of this that runs on the pandora ?

Published over the repo this could encourage not so board avid user to chime in

@133794m3r: Thank you very much :D I'm really glad you like the sound too ^_^ And yes, this game will be free :) even if I decide to port it to Android I still want it to be a free game. I enjoy making games and seeing others play, like and share them :D Everyone is free to donate if they really want to (link is in my signature) :)

@thatgui: There is a demo but it's so short that it's not really worth it to publish in the repo already (in my opinion). You can find the demo (Pandora version) here:

Thanks for the link

But how about providing us with a more recent build - even if it is an early alpha ?

Or maybe some "quid pro quo" you will continue working on rainy day and i will continue on working on my pandora desktop application ?

Edit: corrected emoticon accident

Last edited by a moderator:
From the day you showed the first screens, this has been on the top of my most-anticipated games list. Don't abandon this marvelous gem amongst homebrew.

Okay, so I just tried playing Rainy Day on my new Desktop (running Win7) I bought a while ago but for some reason it runs kind of slow (less smooth than on a Pandora :eek: )... A lot slower than my laptop too (which runs the game very smoothly) while my desktop is A LOT more powerful... Anyone knows why? Anything to do with my new PC being 64-bit?

Anyway, I don't have a code::blocks and all other stuff set up yet, I think I'll just keep using my laptop for programming :)

@Slaeshjag: Accelerated drivers of what?

@Markoez: *removes markoez from friendlist* :angry: Haha ;)

@Slaeshjag: Accelerated drivers of what?
Get the latest graphics card driver from either ATI or NVidia, the default drivers installed with Windows are slow as hell.

I doubt 64bit has anything to do with that, but you can simply try recompiling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PC has been built and pre installed by the shop I bought it in so I assume the drivers are the latest. I have been playing a few recent games like Sonic Generations, Trine 2,... and they run flawlessly on highest settings... But I'll check it just to be sure (when I'm home).

Just tried it at work, also a powerful machine, also (Win7) 64bit and it does the same...

Guess what I did yesterday :D Bought myself Skyrim and played it all day long :p Just kidding of course ;)

Found some time to do some more programming: Added the second enemy (yellow jellyfish) and made the enemy data read from the external level file :) New enemy still needs some tweaking, different dying image and sound :) Will see if I can add the third enemy (red one) today :)

Glad to hear you've regained some motivation! Look forward to the new video and demo ;)

Also added the 3rd monster on Sunday :) That one still needs a bit of behavior tweaking (and an idle animation)...

I will make a new video when all 3 monsters are done (including the tweaks, adding sound, changing images) and the colour grab and shoot is working :) And then designing the level can begin :D

Awesome :D

BTW: Rainy Day will be aired on ZDF.kultur (Pixelmacher) as well on TV soon ;)

Back