Rainy Day - Game Project

Don't underestimate how much work a level editor can be, it can be quite an enormous and challenging task
+1. Check

https://www.youtube.com/embed/G1EPmZ2p2dM?feature=oembed for one of my more complicated editors. I still intend to make JANE v4 at some point... along with a million other projects :blink:

In probably an odd design decision, I nearly always build the level editor first. I find it really helps design my data structures.

Small update:

I got a job :D Will start on Wednesday so I hope to work some more on Rainy Day now and make a video before then :) I already made the colourgrab beam shooting work (no monsters to steal from though) I think I'm going to try make at least one monster work for the video.

Don't expect too much new stuff from the video though! I haven't worked on Rainy Day that much these past weeks... Only thing you will see is the destructible containers, grab beam, a monster and maybe that rain splash effect I talked about a few times but still need to fix a bit.

Don't worry, any little detail or addition you have to show is greatly appreciated.

By the way, congrats on the job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys :D

It's a job as "IT Developer" :) in a company that makes E-learnings (including educational games) I will be doing a lot of different things like making 2D/3D graphics, flash animations, scripting/programming, Unity3D stuff, Thinking World,... :D

Congrats on your new job. Let us know, if there are any games you did for the company.

Maybe you can make releases of them for pandora ;)

So, I didn't make a new video yet... Still want to add monsters first :D I hope I can do some more programming this weekend although I just discovered the ease of building Unity3D projects for Android (Bought myself an Asus EEE Pad a while ago, don't know if I said that before) So that will take away some of my time too :p

Nothing new when it comes to levels... Still working on gameplay mechanics :)

At the moment I'm working on the enemies :) I think I will try to finish all 3 of the basic ones before making that new video I promised. Archibald already made all graphics for those monsters and also made a new HUD including an umbrella to show what colour you are carrying :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is really coming along!

It's funny to think that this was made for the tag team coding competition that finished (IIRC) in May.

It's funny to think that this was made for the tag team coding competition that finished (IIRC) in May.
Not really IMO, Werewolves in it's last Decemeber and that's only coming to a close now.

This is looking very nice. Well done guys

Thank you all very much :D I know development is a bit slow, especially now that I've got a job... Although because of my job I seem to have more motivation to work on this (and other projects) :D

Before continuing development I'm going to finish some other stuff I started a while ago (a traditional drawing and a digital painting) :)

But of course, as soon as I have something new, I'll post it here :)

Nothing new to report :( So busy with other things.... I really hope I can do something this weekend, I need to get back into programming!

Back