Rainbow Panda

WoD said:
And use Pandora font (http://gadgetoid.com/pandora/PandoraTheFont.jpg) for the "Open" :D

I should probably save the letters out as .ai or .svg or .eps or something a little more standard than naff Fireworks PNGs.
What if you don't like the pandora font?

Last edited by a moderator:
OrR said:
The lone blue heart now looks a little misplaced. Also, the outline shapes don't mix well with the solid ones IMO. Maybe also reduce the total number of shapes a little. Still, an interesting thing to experiment with.
Can we get a fish in there? :D
I agree with everything you just said; I know I should have sat on the design for a little longer. I'll see if I can't get a fish in there.

Can you make an "Action" version. For all us burly men.

Explosions of Rainbows is fine. Just take out all the...uh, adorable stuff.

Phawx said:

I agree. No teddybears..

WoD said:
pandarainbow.jpg

Look mummy! I'm a photocopier!
+1 ! :)

Phawx said:

adamorjames said:
Phawx said:

I agree. No teddybears..

And I agree with both you guys; this does need a lot more revision. My goal is to eventually have something that the majority of Pandora users are happy to use for their backgrounds or whatever. Thanks for the input.

The more artist do stuff the more fun right?
It's not a competition for setting a standard, but a way to express and enjoy the pandora in an artistic way! :)

quartercast said:
What if you don't like the pandora font?
Then you've chosen the wrong religion, o' estranged brother! We can guide you back to the flock if you are willing, but we can only help those who help themselves.

I love the "Pandora" font, but I'm decidedly less sure about my interpretation and completion of it. It's just... well... nice.

mali said:
This begs the question what is he doing with those scissors, ooo eer!

<snip> - Broken image fail!

Ditch the cutesy, and just subtly convey the features of the Pandora with icons.

traylorpark said:
And the new box art:
panda_box2.jpg

(though I doubt you could get the colors to be that vibrant with CMYK)

I also want to point out, these designs are not final :) I'll revise them till they are perfect (or close).
Wow! I LOVE this design!! Please, please, please - give the team explicit permission to use it!!

@WoD

Heh
Sudden post disappearance, you know ;)
<snip> == edited due to irrelevance

/off topic, sorry

This is an incredibly bad mockup (it's 4am and there's no photoshop on this computer, just copy/pasted stuff in paint), but how about trying something like this?

The ribbon would come out of the logo and fold down over the edge of the box, then end up straightening out horizontally, with the word "Pandora" above it. It would probably look less empty than the one I cut stuff from, and it would also give the full "Open Pandora" text, if only subtly.

traylorpark said:

The back-to-basics version of this with *just* the rainbow, Pandora logo and the word "open" would be nice. I'm a fan of "clean" design anyway.

I want to find a phrase centered around the words "Open Pandora"

"Why don't you open pandora's box"

Fades to:

"open pandora"
"the stuff of legends"

Nobody has yet played on the fact that "OpenPandora" is itself a slight pun.

Gruso said:
I thought some chunky pixel art might be good around the rainbow (in place of the hearts / other shapes). I love the hearts, and I'm not a huge fan of the assorted shapes. Surely some retro pixels would find favour with the masses. :)

Mr.Gonzo is a name that comes to mind. ;) http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/464939

+1

Bronek said:
Wow! I LOVE this design!! Please, please, please - give the team explicit permission to use it!!
Oh, they have absolute permission to use these designs on ANYTHING!

Vorporeal said:
This is an incredibly bad mockup (it's 4am and there's no photoshop on this computer, just copy/pasted stuff in paint), but how about trying something like this?

The ribbon would come out of the logo and fold down over the edge of the box, then end up straightening out horizontally, with the word "Pandora" above it. It would probably look less empty than the one I cut stuff from, and it would also give the full "Open Pandora" text, if only subtly.

That's a good idea. I might start moving in that direction.
Also, that image totally made my day. Thank you! 'A' for wicked late night effort.

Yeah, about all the cute stuff... I am not sure how I got caught up in that digression. It's starting to get away from the point of the Pandora. This will be remedied ... I promise :lol:

Any more updates here? I really liked what you were doing here traylorpark; I'd hate to see this just die in the mass of threads being created recently.

Traylorpark's box design is the best i've seen, Be cool if they use it.

Back