Race! Released

I have to say that the release was a bit hasty (because I don't have much time for the project right now).

I should say that anyone that wants to try this on their GP2X might have a better experience if they drop in the following files. I didn't include them because they're not mine to include.

selector (file selector executable)
fondo.png (file selector background)
cpu_speed.gpu (not really necessary)
*.ngp (you might want something to emulate)

cozmic posted on May 19 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
Runs pretty good on gp32

But i am experiencing "scanlines". Is the emu developed for an BLU+?

GP32 related questions would be best directed toward Thor. He was the one who added GP32 support. As far as I know, though, he does not have a BLU+.

Perhaps someone can fix this problem when the source gets uploaded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huxley posted on May 19 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
Ha...looks like somone remembers the old RAPE emulator ;)

:D It looks like someone knows homage when he sees it.

Oh, and guys, don't forget to press L+R to quit the emulator. Otherwise, it may not save your save-game file to SD.

I just gave it a go on my Blu+, and not only does it run Bomberman quite well (speed-wise, otherwise perfect), but Metal Slug: First Mission works as well! :) Thank you so much to everyone who worked on this and also thought of the GP32!

- Alex

Ah!
just been trying for a while and just realised that I think you have to name your rom without spaces in the filename. Got it running now. Excellent work!
Cheers

J

halo9 posted on May 19 2006 at 09:18 PM said:
Ah!
just been trying for a while and just realised that I think you have to name your rom without spaces in the filename. Got it running now. Excellent work!
Cheers

J

Confirmed here. You have to make sure the romname is one word for it to work correctly, even if you are using slector.

ghetto cool. The ngpc was my first handheld. I got that thing when I was in flippin second grade! I now have 10 games for it.

I would recommend everyone here to play the game Faselei. Best handheld rpg ever.

How is the control stick btw, i seem to remember that the one on the ngpcwas a great one!

DTH posted on May 19 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
How is the control stick btw, i seem to remember that the one on the ngpcwas a great one!

Sadly, nothing compares to the real NGPC stick.

heck? when I run selectorRace it gives me some freaky errors in Spanish, even though I put those files in the folder.

Flavor posted on May 19 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
cozmic posted on May 19 2006 at 01:36 PM said:
Runs pretty good on gp32

But i am experiencing "scanlines". Is the emu developed for an BLU+?

GP32 related questions would be best directed toward Thor. He was the one who added GP32 support. As far as I know, though, he does not have a BLU+.

Perhaps someone can fix this problem when the source gets uploaded.

I don't have a blu+ but I'm using mirko sdk 0.95 that should initialize the screen correctly on blu+.
If not, and if you are a blu+ dev, tell me what to do to fix it.

Thor

Back