R-type

I've never seen what all the fuss is about with this game, maybe the second level is absolutely amazing, I wouldn't know :eek:

you need a very fast thumb, you need to keep pumping out bullets at a very fast rate, the first level is pretty easy, make sure you don't hang to far to the back as enemies can come from behind, make good use of your R-ball, keep it on your front for the first 2 levels, dont fire it off it's better stuck on your ship, it's also indestructible, if you run into the smaller enemies head on it will kill them, for the first level boss fire the r-ball into the middle where the little face appears, then move the ship into the top corner, the r-ball will lodge in the middle, just keep shooting and it will kill it soon.

as for the boss on the second level you need to position the ship just over the eye that appears, the snake will pass right over you bullets will 95% of the time miss you.

R-Type is amazing, I can get to the fourth level with one life, just gets real hard from that point.

Learn their attack patterns and always keep the reflective blue shot.

I could always get to the 4th level with 1 life as well but at the moment i'm having trouble remembering how to do the 3rd level towards the end :(

I can only get to about 1/2 (I think, I haven't beaten it so I don't know) past the 2nd level :( But I never knew you could shoot the ball off of you?? A button?? I'll try now :)

hehe yeh press the a button to shoot it off, press a again to recall it, you can also attach it to the back of your ship as well. I hope everyone knows that if you hold down the b button you can charge your beam laser

I could always get to the 4th level with 1 life as well but at the moment i'm having trouble remembering how to do the 3rd level towards the end :(
When you get to the bottom right side of the ship flick the Orb round to the back of your ship, when all defences are destroyed either

1 shoot the Orb from the back of your ship and 'hook' it into the chamber with the 'Eye' in.

or

2 fly in there manually when the chamber opens and let blast with a full power shot

Watch as the ship goes down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick up the power ups and dont forget to charge the wepeon now and then...fly...and dont hit anything..

Or just leave the hard core older games to us video gaming grandads (any one still playing over 35!)....R-Type used to eat that for breakfast when I was 15 !! B)

(Just kidding,...)

:D

Cheers Avigrace, managed to get past the 3rd level at last, couldn't hook the R-ball in but the full power shot did the trick! :)

unfortunately I couldn't last more than about 20 seconds on level 4...

i can't get past the first level ;_;, got any tips? :lol:
If you die before the boss on level 1 restart. One you have the ball and bouncing beam weapon its a sinch. Level 2's a little easyer there are enough power-up so that if you die your not totaly gimped. Level 3 flyunder the ship, use charge beam to take out the turrets and control your ship very carefuly as the ship comes very close to the ground, almost crushing you. Good job the GP's got such a nice sensitive stick. Not got to lvl 4 yet havent had the time :(. In fact i shouldnt even be posting here... back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
i beat first 2 levels now, first time i fought the lvl 2 boss i won \o/

Back