Quake2x Wiimote

bja

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Quake2x Wiimote is a quick modification of Woogal's quake2x which adds support for the Nintendo Wii remote controller. The current version supports joystick and button input on all three controllers (i.e. wiimote, nunchuk, and classic controller). Unfortunately, ir-sensor input had to be disabled because it crashes on my gp2x. But it's impossible to use, so no one would probably use it anyway.

options.png
console.png

(Screenshots from pc version since screenshot functionality has been removed from quake2x)

Quake2x Wiimote can be downloaded here.

Try it, its fun! :)

Edit: fixed ir-sensor input, download here.

bja

wait wait wait....
Are you actually saying you can control Quake on the GP2X with a wiimote? :huh:

Can anyone make a video of this?

haha, great, i waited for that since th first linux drivers appeared :)
To bad about the ir, i would love to add some ir leds in my bob and use the pointing functionality

Godmil posted on Mar 18 2007 at 06:03 PM said:
wait wait wait....
Are you actually saying you can control Quake on the GP2X with a wiimote? :huh:

Can anyone make a video of this?

The download he posted has a .gpe file in it...

Shame I don't have a wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
why the hell would anyone want to play quake by waving a stick around in the air like a prick?

(i'm being a little sarcastic btw)

Sweet now I can look retarded using a Wiimote on my GP2X!

(I'm just kidding I'm not trying to say this is a bad idea)

I need Bob, I'm already using classci controller on computer but on gp2x.... Thats just too weird. JUst use head mounted display too and play with the wiimote in subway

Gaeryc posted on Mar 19 2007 at 02:01 PM said:
I need Bob, I'm already using classci controller on computer but on gp2x.... Thats just too weird. JUst use head mounted display too and play with the wiimote in subway
hehe :D

icurafu posted on Mar 18 2007 at 05:37 PM said:
This is just amazing. Pity about the IR. It'll be great once that works.

I've got the WiiMotes, but no BoB.

Classic Controller could be good for so many emulators with TV-OUT. And no IR is needed.
Do you want to borrow my USB host cable? I just recently put S-Video on it, or I could put regular video on it. Sound is probably easier through the headphones.

nubie posted on Mar 20 2007 at 04:46 AM said:
icurafu posted on Mar 18 2007 at 05:37 PM said:
This is just amazing. Pity about the IR. It'll be great once that works.

I've got the WiiMotes, but no BoB.

Classic Controller could be good for so many emulators with TV-OUT. And no IR is needed.
Do you want to borrow my USB host cable? I just recently put S-Video on it, or I could put regular video on it. Sound is probably easier through the headphones.

Thanks. I might actually try to extend this to other programs. But with no spare time it's hard to imagine it happening.

I'll wait for the Comerical BoB before I get fully into this. I've already got the dongle.

Back