Quake2x Wiimote

This would be great for movies with bob + bluetooth + wiimote + external HDD.

The software just has to be writen. I'd keep it plugged into my TV in that case.

GPH, could really take advantage of this. Would it be legal to add the wiimote drivers into the firmware and advertise it? Chaneg the firmware a bit to allow navigation with the Wiimote and gp2x input emulation by the classic controller. They would sell thousands to fusterated Wii owners waiting for instant homebrew.

I think I could get atleast a few of my friends to get a GP2X if this happened.

DBH posted on Mar 20 2007 at 08:54 PM said:
Do you reckon you can make a seperate program so you can do all the standard gp2x functions with the remote (would be good if you keep your gp2x hooked upto the TV).

Sure, you'll need to install the uinput kernel module and run a background process which listens for button press events on the wiimote and maps them to the corresponding linux input event. It may not work for all applications, but should at least work for those linked against SDL (which the gp2xmenu is... partly).

bja

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how do you use the classic controller with the gp2x Bob... The classic controler is not wireless, isn't it ? where do you plug in to the Bob ??

I've just gave a try to your wii quake, but when I launch the bluez gpu... the screen becomes black dans that's it... I then have no choice but to rebbot the console
too bad!!

My firmware is 2.1.1, console model is MK2

BJA, could you give more precision about how to make the wiimote working with other applications ?
I'd love to make it work with my homebrews...

kouky said:
I've just gave a try to your wii quake, but when I launch the bluez gpu... the screen becomes black dans that's it... I then have no choice but to rebbot the console
too bad!!

My firmware is 2.1.1, console model is MK2
I'm having the exact same issue, with a 2.0.0 mk1. Anyone ever get this working?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this is pretty cool, but my main concern is what is with all the ED Wood avartars, cool film, think the best one ive seen is a guybrush one looked awsome.

Back