Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

Blood would be simply fantastic! But I don't have high hopes, DosBox on a modern PC has problems to run it properly, so I guess it is pretty demanding. But who knows ... one has almost all the options to optimize your image for a particular game in Quemu.

Strife should be playable through one of the Doom ports we have by the way. At least the wiki says that Pickle's Chocolate-Doom port can run it.

Am I the only one lusting after Frontier ELITE II. I believe I used to play it on a 486/33 8MB PC back in the dim and distant past.

Oh and great work BTW :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one lusting after Frontier ELITE II. I believe I used to play it on a 486/33 8MB PC back in the dim and distant past.

No, I am after this too, but suspect it will be too slow.

Crikey, this is a massive tease :D My own attempts to get qemu up and running have just resulted in Windows 98 and 95 crashing on startup.

No, I am after this too, but suspect it will be too slow.

Wasn't there some remake of this on the GP2X? Could that be ported to the Pandora (if it's good)?

Here is a little video made by Infinity from the german boards.

It shows the gui, startup of win95 and starcraft.

All at 800 mhz without sound.

Note, that 640x480 resolution doesn't fill the whole screen and is scaled by qemu atm. This gives a performance hit. But this is alphastatus, right ;) .

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZRcSyIWd7M?feature=oembed

Here is a little video made by Infinity from the german boards.
It shows the gui, startup of win95 and starcraft.

All at 800 mhz without sound.

Note, that 640x480 resolution doesn't fill the whole screen and is scaled by qemu atm. This gives a performance hit. But this is alphastatus, right ;) .

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZRcSyIWd7M?feature=oembed

Press CTRL+ALT+U problem solved. The performance hit from scaling isn't much, if any.

Edit: I've RTFM... And everything else I could find about Qemu, in my efforts to get it up and running. You can also switch to/from full-screen with, iirc, CTRL+ALT+F which is handy. I'm trying to get Windows 95 running in 800x480 resolution now.

Yeah, but The alt ctrl u doesn't work here in fullscreen.

That is something, that we already figured out, but it is not in this build.

Optimally it shouldn't scale at all and let notaz sdl do that job but that is hard to do without a unit to test.

Edit: Belive me, I think I've read as much as you have ;)

Edit2: actually it scaled, when normally it shouldn't have to. So 640x480 seemed to be scaled to 640x400 in fullscreen. I think that was more or less a bug in qemu.

Edit2: actually it scaled, when normally it shouldn't have to. So 640x480 seemed to be scaled to 640x400 in fullscreen. I think that was more or less a bug in qemu.

Yeah, I noticed that when I was trying to boot stuff on my Pandora. Definitely a weird 'un. Understandable in Windowed mode, for sure, but in full screen it makes no sense whatsoever.

( You've probably read more than I have by now! )

Sin, I don't think so.

Blood is not really playable, and Sin needs something like a P200MHz with hardware accelerated graphics.

P166 without accelerated hardware I think, there is a software renderer.

but a P166 seems far fetched

Back