Pyra Release date - Make your Guess here.

Actually Pyra has already been released.  You just have to put all the parts together yourselves :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Pyra has already been released.  You just have to put all the parts together yourselves :)
First you have to reverse-engineer the design from the hardware, then you have to get the parts to build the hardware.

Or maybe the other way round...

Optimistic?  Mmm...  ED and team have been kicking ass.  It took the Pandora over a year to get to where they're at inside of 4 months
Agreed. I'd estimate things within 6 months of ready to mass produce, or at least put in a request for mass production (which could have a couple more months lead time, including ordering parts).There's a lot of things different this time around than with the Pandora:

1) No Chinese new year: we won't get most of the way there and then lose a month due to holiday shutdown, only to have them return and find out they weren't most of the way there.

2) Established report with production facility: any problems they will have no problem talking to ED, and I'm sure he's good enough "friends" with them that they won't push him down the queue forever in favour of bigger contracts.

3) Everything is within a reasonably local radius, so unless a volcano literally opens up underneath Germany there shouldn't be any major transportation issues. And if companies do start jerking him around, EvilDragon can demonstrate his fire breathing abilities.

Optimistic?  Mmm...  ED and team have been kicking ass.  It took the Pandora over a year to get to where they're at inside of 4 months
Agreed. I'd estimate things within 6 months of ready to mass produce, or at least put in a request for mass production (which could have a couple more months lead time, including ordering parts).
There's a lot of things different this time around than with the Pandora:

1) No Chinese new year: we won't get most of the way there and then lose a month due to holiday shutdown, only to have them return and find out they weren't most of the way there.

2) Established report with production facility: any problems they will have no problem talking to ED, and I'm sure he's good enough "friends" with them that they won't push him down the queue forever in favour of bigger contracts.

3) Everything is within a reasonably local radius, so unless a volcano literally opens up underneath Germany there shouldn't be any major transportation issues. And if companies do start jerking him around, EvilDragon can demonstrate his fire breathing abilities.
In other news, a massive amount of volcanic activity has been detected in many parts of Germany... 

-Glyph Reader

Preorders will start on October the 18th of 2014, Developers "the chosen ones" will get theirs first  ...on December 25th, they will ship the signed or special edition Pyra "early birds" and finally, on January the 2nd, the normal but still awesome ones will ship.              

...two months later, comet Ison hits earth and destroys 89% of the human population. Survivors fight to death for the last remaining Pyras ...the winners spend years playing forgotten Dreamcast and GameCube emulated games and forget to reproduce which leads to human extinction.  ...Believe me I'm Mayan

29th September 2015. it will be the best birthday present ever....... The unboxing with appropriate over the top screaming will go up on youtube within hours and the revenue from it going viral will fund another few to store for prosperity or in case i bugger one up... lol

I certainly hope it's not too far away, my Pandora's case is getting a lot of cracks now, and I fear it actually breaking. Keep wondering if I should buy some spare case parts (if I buy two lots, might have a go at trying to repaint it)

29th September 2015. it will be the best birthday present ever....... The unboxing with appropriate over the top screaming will go up on youtube within hours and the revenue from it going viral will fund another few to store for prosperity or in case i bugger one up... lol
If it gets released for my birthday it will be in your hands before yours and you can have it as an early birthday present!

I certainly hope it's not too far away, my Pandora's case is getting a lot of cracks now, and I fear it actually breaking. Keep wondering if I should buy some spare case parts (if I buy two lots, might have a go at trying to repaint it)
If you have the money I say go for 2 and paint one.  If you don't like the results you have the other case to use, or maybe try painting again.

Back