Pyra OS Name

I was going to suggest "Pyrana" as a joke since some of these names include "Pyra" in them.  It turns out that is the name of a weapon in the game Warframe, which is a console and Windows game, so maybe we should skip it.

I still like Funeral Potato.  I will look for some more game related ideas.

Except that it won't exactly be vanilla Debian due to the necessary customisations required specifically for the Pyra.
So adding a few scripts makes it enough to give it a whole new name ? :p

I would argue that there'll be more than just "a few scripts" to differentiate it.  If I've learned anything from the Pandora regarding the OS it's that it will be almost certainly be significantly customised over time. 

Off the top of my head though....

The DBP system comes immediately to mind. 

There will probably be a DBPManager developed and included somewhere along the line. (possibly as a fork of PNDManager) 

I rather suspect FunKeyMonkey or something similar will be integrated to manage the input devices.  

Perhaps there'll be a version of bsp's c64tools to manage the DSP.  (the OMAP5 does have one after all even if it's not as full featured as the OMAP3 DSP, maybe it will even be used for more than one application, who knows)  

There's also any Pyra specific UI stuff that ends up getting implemented, like the Pandora's Config-button which could be used with Pyra specific plugins.

Plus any number of other differences I haven't even thought of.  

-Neelix

"Dragon's Breath" hints at EvilDragon, references flames (so fits the Pyra idea a bit) and is a name used in some games for various things.

"Fire Flower" isn't quite as interesting, but could work.

I will keep thinking.

Because its a Retro Emu Homebrewhandheld, i would sugest "Raider"

(its the old name of twix)..

(if you have some shokolade whit "Raider" on it, look at the Best before Date)..

Why everyone thinks that Pyra is a gaming console? (It's a joke, don't quote here) I would say Pyrian as well.

PapyrOS

Empty papyrus is... uh a canvas for anything... much open, very anything like... open software... woof

Sounds abit like Pyra and... uh.. is easy to be ignited by... dragon breath. Yea. So mystical!

I would prefer not to have the names Deb or Ian in it since they aren't involved with the Pyra.  The only exception would be calling it something like "Pyra Debian".

Back