Pyra Wiki Guidelines / Rules - Opinions

Wally

I am a banana!
I think a lot of you can remember how untidy the Pandora Wiki is, some things that you might notice in the Pandora Wiki that doesn't really appear to have any sort of standards.

Some of these things are:

• A lot of pages are inserted but not maintained because there's too much information (Emulator Compatibility Lists)
• A lot of links are dead
• Many Guides are out of date..

I was thinking perhaps we should have some sort of Guideline for content in the Wiki, sorta like Wikipedia but a bit less restrictive.

Some things we should consider:
• Debian OS configuration - Things that are in the Default Debian OS should not be on the Pyra Wiki UNLESS the article is Pyra specific. Reason being, we can help contribute to the Debian Wiki keeping that updated as the OS evolves.

• Emulator Compatibility Lists should not be on the Wiki but we should probably try and find a separate solution for that but only targeting emulators that aren't known to be working.

There's probably more we can add to the list later.. :)

Thoughts?

If you want to stop people creating emulator compability lists on the wiki, you first need to provide a better solution. The only solutions I'm aware of are google docs (which tends to get some pushback on here) and a roll your own cgi-based solution. The latter shouldn't be beyond the wit of man, at least to prototype (though I haven't yet considered the need to protect it against spam posts, which instinctively seems a harder task to me)

if an article passes a certain date without being updated (like after a half a year) then there should be an automatic text on top of then page warning that the information on the page might be out of date. This is good for tutorials that might not work on later versions of software or the OS until when no one updates the article.

I don't have a great deal of spare time, but happy sign up and have a look around. Hopefully my pedanticism will be a motivator to help with the content.

Of course, typo or link correction won't solve out-dated content...

Back