Psx4wiz Test Version

I support you all the way, friend :D

If you need any beta tester, I can be very thorough and if you contact me on aim/msn or e-mail, I can help out as often as you need :)

That's odd, I tried running Frontmission 3, and everything, including the bios logo and such ran insanely slow. Maybe it's just me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, it still runs extremely slow for me as well. Patience shall be had whence testing this program :lol:

I'll test FF7 tonight if you guys would like me to. I'd do it now, but my FF7 backup iso is at home on my hard drive. I'll give it a test run tonight though and post the results. Or if anyone wants some other games tested, I can do those too. I have an arseload or PSX games. :)

i was jking about the FF7 and the long intro but go at it if you want :D
Haha okay. Don't know how I misread your post earlier. I gotcha tho. For some reason I read it as if you guys were asking someone to test FF7 (as if no one had an iso of it).

Oh well. I must have been trippin balls when I read it or somethin.

Can anyone upload this somewhere else?I'd like to test, yet cannot Download from the forums

quick question - does this use normal psx .iso files, or will it work with the psx-psp conversions?

Uses .iso, .bin, .img, .Z and .Znx files. The first three are used in cd burn programs and the last are compressed images using PocketIso tool (used in other portable psx emus). I'm working in a new version with some fixes.

This are the keys that you can use:
VOL+ and VOL- : Return to emulator menu from game.
L, R, A, B, X, Y : Exit the emulator.

Well, I took a shot at the psx4wiz emulator and tried to run Diablo on it and it ran fine "fine", well with 7-8 fps in the intro and 10-12 in the game. Using a bin image from my Diablo CD.

Regards

André

ll it works, but kinda slow obviously as there's no optimisation for the Wiz yet. Oddworld runs at about 2 FPS :"]

I can't wait until this is optimised!!!

....[/quote]I'll be happy to do some testing when my 32gig SD high capacity card comes in, this will be so cool if it gets to running great. uuh what reagons does it play USA JAPAN AND EURO?

QUOTE (Tengu)
uuh what reagons does it play USA JAPAN AND EURO?

I test it with Euro (PAL) games, but the code supports any region I think.

. I'm working in a new version with some fixes.

This are the keys that you can use:
VOL+ and VOL- : Return to emulator menu from game.
L, R, A, B, X, Y : Exit the emulator.
Also can the whole giant cd with actual audio tracks be in a bin file,... including the CD audio tracks of games?

QUOTE (Tengu)
Also can the whole giant cd with actual audio tracks be in a bin file,... including the CD audio tracks of games?

Yes, it supports games with audio tracks. But the audio and music is a little choppy yet.

Yes, it supports games with audio tracks. But the audio and music is a little choppy yet.
Please excuse the language because i'm pissed, some stupid dickhole seems to have stolen my gp2x-wiz,.... so it may be a long while before i get to try anything again. you cant trust anyone these days it seems. thought they was a friend. waited about a whole damn year to get the thing and this is what happens. hmm guess they made it too portable huh,.. uhh anyway you might be able to talk the the dudes that make the modeler emu i would LOVE to eventually play some Sega Sytem32 games on the wiz. i cant find anyway to contacted them and their forums link seems to be broken. the homepage here http://www.emuhype.com/

I'm very sorry, I hope you can recover your Wiz. You can visit second hand shops, the thief will want to sell it if he don't know what is. :unsure:

anyway you might be able to talk the the dudes that make the modeler emu i would LOVE to eventually play some Sega Sytem32 games on the wiz

In the web page they say that they have a version not completed, and they don't work in another ports because they want to convert the emulator in a MAME driver. In the future this could be used

I'm very sorry, I hope you can recover your Wiz. You can visit second hand shops, the thief will want to sell it if he don't know what is. :unsure:

anyway you might be able to talk the the dudes that make the modeler emu i would LOVE to eventually play some Sega Sytem32 games on the wiz

In the web page they say that they have a version not completed, and they don't work in another ports because they want to convert the emulator in a MAME driver. In the future this could be used
The system32 runs fine, its just the other stuff that isnt so good. i especialy want to be able to play the real arcade Golden Axe2, its hard to believe Sega has never ported it to any system, could have been done easily by them on Saturn, atleast a remade version to work on it. and not even on the many arcade and game collections they've done over the years. OOH i just remembered, its not anywhere near the mame4all but the other pc mame versions which isnt based on an ancient version of mame actually has atleast partial playability of Sega System32 though buggy the last time i played on it.(not to put down the nice work they're doing on the wiz mame with continued support adding stuff)

Here is the Psx4Wiz test 8. It is a development version for the guys who wants to test it with games and comment the results. It has a readme in Spanish and English with the keys and their use.

Don't put in news section yet, it is not the final version. I have been working accelerating the drawing and the memory, but has many things to be improved. This version is a bit quicker than the previous one. The new things in this version are:

- CPU Speed selection from 100 to 800 mhz.
- Fixed the buttons X/Y and L/R which was changed.
- Uses the wiz_lib to accelerate the screen painting.
- The sound is disabled to gain some frames.
- Background skin in emulator menu.

Here is a video playing Ridge Racer in the emu.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GldwfdB_Sn8

Back