Psx4wiz Test Version

Hardyx posted on May 22 2009 at 12:05 AM) I just received my Wiz today. I have to test some things first!! Don't expect a full speed emulator in one day or one week. But I'm working in it. : said:
I want to make some ports too.
Sounds very nice. Good luck...

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardyx posted on May 21 2009 at 06:05 PM) I just received my Wiz today. I have to test some things first!! Don't expect a full speed emulator in one day or one week. But I'm working in it. : said:
I want to make some ports too.
keep us posted dude and enjoy your wiz.

The prospect of a fullspeed PSX emulation on that OLED screen and silent hill sounds like a dream come true. Good look!

yeah finally 3d games on wiz i really believe this can work where other dont

If the emulator could acheive something like 30FPS in close to every game, it's perfect, with some frameskipping 30FPS could make a lot of games fully playable, like Final Fantasy 7-9, Legend of Dragoon, FF tactics, all those strategy games and such. Hopefully someone picks this up and plays with it, because it would definitely be worthwhile to have the PS1's RPGs in your pocket, even if it's not up to par with the PSX emulator for the PSP. =P

yeah im really excited for this
EDIT: anyone try any purely 3d games like spyro yet?

I finally decided to test this out, as of right now I'm only on the first game out of the ones I plan on trying. I picked Monster Rancher Battle Card II first just because it's completely 2D, it is running at roughly 14-15 FPS, which is absolutely fine for this game. It rarely even feels like it's lagging. The only issue is the sound, which is horribly garbled, but it's not a big deal at all to just turn it off for this game. If I can already play a 2D game at more that playable speeds, then I'm very excited to see what happens with future versions of this.

I finally decided to test this out, as of right now I'm only on the first game out of the ones I plan on trying. I picked Monster Rancher Battle Card II first just because it's completely 2D, it is running at roughly 14-15 FPS, which is absolutely fine for this game. It rarely even feels like it's lagging. The only issue is the sound, which is horribly garbled, but it's not a big deal at all to just turn it off for this game. If I can already play a 2D game at more that playable speeds, then I'm very excited to see what happens with future versions of this.
I'm going to test out Metal Gear later on tonight, I'll post updates then. :D

is castlevaina symphony of the night playable at full or close to full speed?
is there a good chance it will be?
thanks all

is castlevaina symphony of the night playable at full or close to full speed?
is there a good chance it will be?
thanks all
I tested it no its not really playable
Just tested MGS, couldn't even get past the playstation logo (which didn't appear). Blarg. Can't wait, just testing this out gave me willies.

*EDIT*
Messed with a few settings, and got past the logo. Game plays at a solid 12 fps, during cutscenes and everything. Menu also is just as slow. Music is garbled all to hell, and get this, the buttons are upside down!

XD

Triangle is X on the Wiz, and X is Y, lol!

12 fps thats pretty cool i didnt touch any setting what did you change?

i know its rather naggy of me, but I'm curious if there has been any progress, or if there hasn't, can we at least get a word on if you're still working on it or not, hardyx? Cuz some of us are waiting on the edge of our seats :lol:

Messed with a few settings, and got past the logo. Game plays at a solid 12 fps, during cutscenes and everything. Menu also is just as slow. Music is garbled all to hell, and get this, the buttons are upside down!
Triangle is X on the Wiz, and X is Y, lol!
You are a good betatester, I have to fix the buttons in the next version. A fullspeed psx emu is difficult by now, but I want to make it playable. Using the opengl Wiz hardware could increase the speed in the future. By now is using 3d by software. I'm working and testing the emu to get better performance. I want to release a better beta version soon.

Back