Psx4wiz Test Version

hardyx

Website
Visit site
Hello,

This is the preliminar version of my port of PSX4ALL, based in the code published by Zodttd. The emulator is compiled using standard SDL functions and works in Wiz now. You can load games and play. It has been tested in the prototype of a friend.

The code is compiled in dynamic link mode using the GP2X SDK. This way works in both GP2X and Wiz consoles, but is not using direct hardware access and isn't optimized for Wiz. I have created a Wiz SDL wrapper for the minilib library based in the GP2X and Pandora wrapper code.

This is a developer's test version, can have bugs and isn't optimized for the hardware. Here is the executable is you want to test it, and a photo (low res) of the emu working.

Comments about testing in the console are welcomed. :)

[attachmentid=348]

ll it works, but kinda slow obviously as there's no optimisation for the Wiz yet. Oddworld runs at about 2 FPS :)

I can't wait until this is optimised!!!

In the tests that we made, we get 8-10 FPS with Ridge Racer (3d). I hope to improve the performance in the next versions. I need more betatester comments.

can you try something that was tested on the pandora version before it was optimized... so we can get some idea of the difference in performance?

final fantasy was tested i think, with fps stats posted too.

gibberish said:
can you try something that was tested on the pandora version before it was optimized... so we can get some idea of the difference in performance?

final fantasy was tested i think, with fps stats posted too.
I don't have Final Fantasy I'm afraid :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The list of games I own and have with me is as follows:
3D Lemmings.bin
Batman And Robin.bin
Bubsy 3D.bin
DragonBall Z Ultimate Battle 22.bin
Front Mission 3.bin
Metal Gear Solid Disc 1.bin
Metal Gear Solid Disc 2.bin
Metal Gear Solid Special Missions.bin
Tomorrow Never Dies.bin
WWF Attitude.bin

so not many really :S

I have updated the file with a new beta version. This fix a fail when a key is hold pressed and improves the frames per second calculation.

Man I wish I can get my stuff out of storage. I bought like 90 PSX games from every bargin bin I came accross, I think I only paid $50 USD total.

I tried it out last night. I seemed to average around 10-13 fps without sound. I ran FF Tactics and FF1/2.
Does the clock settings really mean anything? It display's 533 but isnt changable that I could see. So do we know for sure the wiz is actually running at 533?
Are any of the performance tuning controls available, like ps1 underclock that we had them in the GP2X version?

Edit: The program locks up if I explore the nand. For example I go up to / then go into /bin and then try to go back to / and it hangs

Pickle said:
Does the clock settings really mean anything? It display's 533 but isnt changable that I could see. So do we know for sure the wiz is actually running at 533?
Are any of the performance tuning controls available, like ps1 underclock that we had them in the GP2X version?
The speed 533 represents the default speed of the Wiz processor, there is not overclock because the code not uses low level access to the hardware. This can be done using the real hardware in later versions. The explorer fail can be a bug in the original code, don't use the nand by now.

Hardyx said:
Pickle said:
The speed 533 represents the default speed of the Wiz processor, there is not overclock because the code not uses low level access to the hardware. This can be done using the real hardware in later versions. The explorer fail can be a bug in the original code, don't use the nand by now.

Take a look at Orkie's libcastor theres some code in there to modify the clock speed.

im really a nub in the wiz but is ps1 emulation possible on full speed??? if it is keep up the good work when i get my wiz ill be sure to check it out!!!!

timma posted on May 15 2009 at 08:55 AM said:
im really a nub in the wiz but is ps1 emulation possible on full speed??? if it is keep up the good work when i get my wiz ill be sure to check it out!!!!
No its appear's that it will NOT be full speed, you should expect a little bit better performance than the gp2x. Some of the simple games might be better.

Back