Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

Tinnus said:
All that arguing is starting to stink, maybe I'll start working harder just to have something to show here and you people talk about it instead :p
Relax, most people don't even have their Pandora yet, me included. So I guess when I have my own Pandora "soon", things are far more matured at the Software side. :)
But whatever you do: MAKE BACKUPS! :D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
All that arguing is starting to stink, maybe I'll start working harder just to have something to show here and you people talk about it instead :p
All of the bitching is just SOP around here.

As soon as things get slow everyone gets bored and starts bitchin' (I guess 'cause there is nothing else to talk about). Hope you guys don't take it too seriously :p

DaveC said:
As soon as things get slow everyone gets bored and starts bitchin' (I guess 'cause there is nothing else to talk about). Hope you guys don't take it too seriously :p
And when we get bored of bitching, we start bitching about the bitching! :p

I've been playing Final Fantasy VII for a while (30+ hours) on my Pandora. So far so good, it slows a little on fights with lost of enemies but it's been running really well.

Up until i got to the part where i need to use the submarine to find the ancient key/ pickup the huge materia (from the sunken sub).

When i get in the sub all is well i can scoot around the world map and dock and all that. When i submerge the game all but freezes. I cant rise to the surface. I cant go forwards or backwards and i cant bring up any in game menus. All i can do is turn left /right very slowly and turn the map on and off.

I've been running @ 800mhz with wifi toggled off and sound on. I tried cranking the CPU to 850 (usually a bit unstable but faster), turning the sound off, many different frame-skip settings and killing the background processes with the background app. No luck so far. I'll probably move my save over to a PC emulator just to get past this part but it's definitely a brick wall to anyone trying to play through on their Pandora.

post your save file so I and/or others can confirm they get the same problem.

btw, did you try turning off frame limit? it worked for SOTN.

Just to mention: I finished Parasite Eve. Completely playable with a multidisc patch (available at the net) so you don't need to change disks.

Nice :)

I've heard that Diablo's sound is not emulated correctly in Psx4Pandora, but any reports I've read/watched were based upon experiences from the earlier beta versions. Has anyone tested Diablo in Beta 4?

Robotron therapy as needed said:
I've heard that Diablo's sound is not emulated correctly in Psx4Pandora, but any reports I've read/watched were based upon experiences from the earlier beta versions. Has anyone tested Diablo in Beta 4?

I believe authoreyes did a video of PSX emulation, which had emulation of Diablo on beta 4.

-God Ginrai

I think it can now be revealed (it has been posted on gp32spain anyway and has been a bit of an open secret on the scene) that Franxis has been working on PSX4ALL for the Wiz. So we might see some improvements via that version if Zod wants to tie it in. I'm not really sure if maybe it now just uses the Wiz 3D hardware or if it has further software based optimisation, or even if 'psx4all' was used as the base, but the name would suggest it was.

The Franxis emulator is a new one based in pcsx, i suppose that improving psx4all without the source code is a difficult thing to do. Anyway, the beta testers of Pcsx4all (the wiz emulator) says that works much better than psx4all. We´ll have to wait a couple of weeks to confirm it.

Sorry for my poorly and not improved english. ;)

raindog said:
The Franxis emulator is a new one based in pcsx, i suppose that improving psx4all without the source code is a difficult thing to do. Anyway, the beta testers of Pcsx4all (the wiz emulator) says that works much better than psx4all. We´ll have to wait a couple of weeks to confirm it.

So he won't be releasing the source code then? I'd have thought he would, I thought he was in to the open source scene.

craigix said:
raindog said:

So he won't be releasing the source code then? I'd have thought he would, I thought he was in to the open source scene.
You dont understood me (my very poor english again). Who didnt release the source code for psx4all (wiz version) was Zod, during months developers asked him to release it but there was no response.For example:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48274-psx4all-src/

He did say he would release it in this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45395-psx4wiz-test-version/page__st__105__p__871381__hl__psx4wiz__fromsearch__1&#entry871381
But it looks like he was going to wait until he was finished with the Pandora port? Or since he's covering three systems now (he just released psx4android) he may have just forgot. Maybe someone should PM him here or at his site?

craigix said:
I think it can now be revealed (it has been posted on gp32spain anyway and has been a bit of an open secret on the scene) that Franxis has been working on PSX4ALL for the Wiz. So we might see some improvements via that version if Zod wants to tie it in. I'm not really sure if maybe it now just uses the Wiz 3D hardware or if it has further software based optimisation, or even if 'psx4all' was used as the base, but the name would suggest it was.

Can this one be downloaded for the wiz anywhere? Or is it still in development?

craigix said:

The emulator we have been working Chui and i for months is not based on Zodttd's PSX4ALL at all.

It is a new port based on PCSX-Reloaded, with a new recompiler started from scratch, new SPU, new GTE in ARMv5 assembler, improved GPU, etc.
And it is far better than Zodttd's PSX4ALL: faster, more compatible, complete and good sound (XA+CD-Audio), etc. You will be impressed how well it runs on the WIZ.

craigix said:

WTF? Of course i will release the source code as PCSX has GPL license.
But your friend Zodttd does not release the source code (he should, PSX4ALL is also a port of PCSX) and worse (he gets money from iPhone downloads).

Great news Franxis, thank you. This is potentially a great addition to the Pandora too, once it is released. With those two emulators, Pandora PSX emulation sounds even more promising!

Awesome job, Franxis.
Maybe I should have bought a wiz instead of that second dingoo for my nephew ^^

Wonder how hard it will be to port this to pandora. Guess dingoo won't profit from your work.

Anyway, thx.

Franxis are you using Opengl ES for GPU? maybe try to contact Tinnus, he is working on one for Psx4all

Back