Beta Psx4Pandora Beta

mvickers03 said:
Hi the one from the appstore seems to be an old version 1.0b2 instead of b4 any ideas were to download the latest one?

Thanks

It is the latest one! Just wrong named. Read the description!

Last edited by a moderator:
mcobit said:
It is the latest one! Just wrong named. Read the description!

Doh, cheers for that was downloading on the Pandora and didn't scroll to see the comment ;) cheers

Would just like to add these games run faster than fullspeed without frame limiter which is awesome

Resident evil 1
Resident evil 3
Heart of darkness

Sound is perfect in game with the odd sound glitch in video, fantastic. will keep me busy for a while :D

Thanks Zodttd,

Newest release still doesn't fix FF8 map issues; tried playing around with it a bit more - Odysee's fix and frameskip of 1/2 seems to alleviate the problem slightly, but it still skips a lot making it difficult to traverse the map. Also applying those settings cause major graphical issues indoors. Disabling sound made no difference. All this testing done at 700.

On the plus side, Darkstalkers 3 now loads in the newest version, whereas it previously just gave a black screen. There is a line of corruption on the right of the screen, and a bit of slowdown in game, but fairly playable.

Back to FF7... :)

neogramps: There's an Abes Odysee fix in the menu's graphic options. :)

Crash Team Racing issue will be looked into.

R-Type Delta works for me. Make sure you have frameskip set to 0/1 (off). Are you using PAL or NTSC?

Thanks,
ZodTTD

zodttd said:
neogramps: There's an Abes Odysee fix in the menu's graphic options. :)

Crash Team Racing issue will be looked into.

R-Type Delta works for me. Make sure you have frameskip set to 0/1 (off). Are you using PAL or NTSC?

Thanks,
ZodTTD

I'm using an eboot. It is ntsc! Tried with a bin/cue image. Doesn't work either. I have the options you specified but the ground textures don't show and the first enemies don't show.
Any ideas? Is your version PAL?

Edit: PAL-Version doesn't work either!

Zod, gradius gaiden now wont get as far as the title screen. strangely, all apps on the desktop wont work once you return either. They wont open until you do a reboot.

A few issues I'm having:

Castlevania sotn runs better on the second release than any of the current ones for me. This most recent release has got the sound working perfectly (was choppy on 2nd release) but the gameplay is slow unless you overclock. Even with overclock (790), when on a stage with animated backgrounds it slows way down. Turning off frame limit fixes this problem for the most part (still a little slow in certain parts of the game)but then its way too fast on stages w/o graphic heavy backgrounds. Try dodging medusa heads at warp speed! Still very playable (I'm like 30 hours in) and actually having it at warp speed is kinda nice when you need to get somewhere fast :) Speaking of which, is there any plans to make a turbo button?

I see some people are reporting that psx crashes when clocked over 800, I also am having that problem, I can get 850 in everything else that I've tried.

Only other problem I can report is that when loading saved states/isos it sometimes crashes and also crashs sometimes when just navigating to where my isos are. Both of these problems could be related to the fact that I keep my pnd's on one card and my roms/media on another- don't know.

All in all this new version seems great, I've been playing psx almost non-stop since the second release, Thanks Zod/tinnus!

Little tip: Place your isos in the psx4padnora appdata folder so you don't have to browse for them. When I had them in their own folder it used to crash almost always when browsing for isos.

Road Rash now works, Great work :D

Only issue i have with it and a few others is i have noticed a slight key change in the sound from time to time. As if the music pitch keeps changing.

x68000 said:
Road Rash now works, Great work :D

Only issue i have with it and a few others is i have noticed a slight key change in the sound from time to time. As if the music pitch keeps changing.

I also noticed the key change in videos on Resident Evil 1, It changes pitch for a few seconds, almost like the audio is catching up, although it does seem to be in sync.

I also noticed this release is a little slower than the first two, in games like crash bandicoot with lots of 3D models ETC. taking the frame limiter off does help quite a bit but isn't as fun to play makes you feel a little seasick :lol:

Loving portable resident evil though, I'm having a lot of fun with this :D

Edit for OC info

I can OC to 880 in all other apps including Mupen64+ but on PSX4Pandora I max at 810. It's enough for me, just some feedback for you ;)

ok now I'm able to get 830 in psx. I hadn't tried more than 790 with the new release yet. so thats cool, it didnt make a difference in sotn though...

it weird, the frame rate doesn't really drop during the slow downs.

^maybe the slow down was part of the original game. Don't forget that the PSX was hardly a 2D powerhouse. We had the Saturn for that :D .................Ahem Zod ;)

Hey everyone... I just jumped onto the PSX bandwagon... I grabbed crash bandicoot 2 (a game I used to play with my cousin) The intro cutscene seemed to be way behind the sound. And for some reason I can't progress because I'm stuck in a cutscene... weird...

Edit: I skipped the cutscene and was able to get into the game.

Edit2: I decided to try Luna (the complete story game thing) Whenver a cutscene plays there's some weird garbage graphics to the right.

x68000 said:
^maybe the slow down was part of the original game. Don't forget that the PSX was hardly a 2D powerhouse. We had the Saturn for that :D .................Ahem Zod ;)

no this slow down is significant and different from original, I noticed it on Brave Fencer Musashi also.

Saturn would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. Did Zod even ever port a saturn emu before?

^ no, just wanted to nudge him in that direction!

A laptop and USB Saturn pad will be the best bet for (semi) portable emulation.

HackModford said:
Hey everyone... I just jumped onto the PSX bandwagon... I grabbed crash bandicoot 2 (a game I used to play with my cousin) The intro cutscene seemed to be way behind the sound. And for some reason I can't progress because I'm stuck in a cutscene... weird...

Edit: I skipped the cutscene and was able to get into the game.

Edit2: I decided to try Luna (the complete story game thing) Whenver a cutscene plays there's some weird garbage graphics to the right.
Yeah, just noticed today that the first cutscene in crash bandicoot 2 doesn't work, I have always skipped it :lol:
Luckily the rest of the game is ok. Haven't yet completed it, but crash bandicoot worked from start to finish, except that in one spot where there is a long fall down in the start of a level I died few times by jumping down when I'm supposed to do that.

Back