Psp N64-emulator

Alucard

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Glad I decided to get a PSP (I also own a GP32, but no GP2X yet):

there now is a partially working N64-emulator called Daedalus which runs Mario at approx. 25% speed (without sound and save). It has a lot of potential.

I'm very suprised at that, I'd expect a N64 emulator to be able to use the PSP hardware acceleration to get near playable speeds of N64 stuff. Of course, that means dynarec and converting N64 3D to PSP 3D, which probably hasn't been implemented yet.

PSP emulation gives me a headache. I only read about what's involved in getting stuff to run, and I decided to not even try.

Nope, PSP emulating is very very easy! Really, a lot easier than stuff for the GP2x. It's not either or, but both!

The only N64 games I've ever finished are Kirby64 - Crystal Shards and the zelda64 series. And that on a pc with project64 in 1024x768 resolution in Direct3D. After that you don't wanna play them on a tiny screen ;)

Still amazing what a handheld can do tho, IMHO. It doesn't matter what scene you're in, the power of todays handhelds and even more the skills of their homebrew coders are simply amazing "jealous"

"SunSpire"

Back