Full Speed N64 Emu Comming To A Psp Near You ;)

moz posted on Jul 2 2006 at 10:03 AM said:
a ps1 emu would be more interesting.

well if N64 can be done, PS1 willl most probably be done soon... Sony is making a PS1 Emu and have released videos of it running Ridge Racer.

Last edited by a moderator:
will the sony one be free?

or do i have to buy some software to emulate the hardware i've laready bought?
and will i have to re buy the games i owe?

moz posted on Jul 2 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
will the sony one be free?

or do i have to buy some software to emulate the hardware i've laready bought?
and will i have to re buy the games i owe?
You will have to buy all your games at a download station, they will be transferred to your PSP via Wifi.

They will most probably modify the game data heavily (changing the PSX 3D to PSP 3D and changing the 2d graphics / textures to the PSP format) so they won´t have to emulate everything.

You won´t have to pay for the emulator, but for the games, which will be "enclosed" in the emulator.

thats when you wait for someone to hack the emu and release the games (but only get the games you own ;) )

I don't think Sony's emulator will be seperate - instead of loading an emu and seeing a list of games, I believe each "rom" you download from Sony will be a completely self-contained psp executable.

Whether or not the emu can be seperated and used to run other games is another thing of course...

Modifying there own games to resize and change the graphics etc is fine, but I don't know how they are going to handle games produced by other companies.

Squidge posted on Jul 3 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
I don't think Sony's emulator will be seperate - instead of loading an emu and seeing a list of games, I believe each "rom" you download from Sony will be a completely self-contained psp executable.
That´s what i said.
Squidge posted on Jul 3 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
Modifying there own games to resize and change the graphics etc is fine, but I don't know how they are going to handle games produced by other companies.
If i remember correctly, resource hacking of PSX games was quite easy, i don´t think it´s very hard to extract and replace much of the content...

not that i have any clue about it ;)

If full speed Mario-Kart64 is possible I would buy a PSP strightaway !!!!!!!!!!

KoH posted on Jul 4 2006 at 02:17 PM said:
If full speed Mario-Kart64 is possible I would buy a PSP strightaway !!!!!!!!!!

And then be forced to wait for 2.71 to be cracked.

I'm serious, portable N64, while dorky and kind of fun, will not be that much fun. The library is not that big, and both the analog and Dpad is quite horrid (yes I have played on it).

The library is not that big.......
MarioKart is all i need, I owned a SNES with MarioKart been the only game, I then got a N64 only for MarioKart64, and as soon as MarioKart Double Dash came out on the gamecube i brought one of those.

Its the only game I play everyday without fail, I have 2 all cup tours each evening with a friend.

Although I love MarioKart Double Dash, I feel that the MarioKart64 was the best in the MK series so far, therfor I would happily buy a PSP for this 1 game alone

first of all, the DS has failed in this area of gaming so far. I mean you have a portable N64 in the DS, yet only 1 N64 port so far?? Mario 64?? And so far no Goldeneye 64??? No Perfect Dark?? Do you realize how much ass the DS would kick if it had these 2 games, and they were Wifi compatible?? Now the PSP could soon be playing these games. I hope they would be wifi compatible, portable Goldeneye would be the shit.

I'm very suprised with as many SNES ports there are to the GBA that there aren't already at least 5 or 6 ports to the DS, I can't imagine it would cost that much to port over that Nintendo couldn't make a killing at porting N64 games and selling them for $19.99.

Angel posted on Jul 5 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
first of all, the DS has failed in this area of gaming so far. I mean you have a portable N64 in the DS, yet only 1 N64 port so far?? Mario 64?? And so far no Goldeneye 64??? No Perfect Dark?? Do you realize how much ass the DS would kick if it had these 2 games, and they were Wifi compatible?? Now the PSP could soon be playing these games. I hope they would be wifi compatible, portable Goldeneye would be the shit.

I'm very suprised with as many SNES ports there are to the GBA that there aren't already at least 5 or 6 ports to the DS, I can't imagine it would cost that much to port over that Nintendo couldn't make a killing at porting N64 games and selling them for $19.99.

Porting from a system that was god ass hard to program for (N64) does not equal easy porting to the DS ARM processors. It's probably because it would be TOO FUCKING HARD, and it would probably be easier if it was remade from scratch.

Plus M$ owns RARE now.

KoH posted on Jul 5 2006 at 08:16 AM said:
The library is not that big.......
MarioKart is all i need, I owned a SNES with MarioKart been the only game, I then got a N64 only for MarioKart64, and as soon as MarioKart Double Dash came out on the gamecube i brought one of those.

Its the only game I play everyday without fail, I have 2 all cup tours each evening with a friend.

Although I love MarioKart Double Dash, I feel that the MarioKart64 was the best in the MK series so far, therfor I would happily buy a PSP for this 1 game alone

What a waste of money... But hey, whatever tickles your pickle.

Shikaku posted on Jul 5 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
Plus M$ owns RARE now.

I hate that company.

Back