Psp Go

kattle87

250€ for the PSP go, that features more or less half of the features of the pandora, breaks backward compatibility (no UMD!), has a smaller screen than the previous unit. (and awful controls, if you ask me)
In fact, they stated that they will keep supporting the PSP 3000 but I was wondering who is gonna buy it...

PSP GO! it's smaller with 16 GB Flash Memory :) That makes difrence . I will buy PSP GO! cause i don't have now psp and I want one . Remember that pandora is exclusive product . You need w8 for your pandora after pre order more the half year ! For me it's more than too long

I'd say overall, the PSP is a great piece of work; sure, sucks that they used UMD, and sucks that they use memstick, and sucks you have to jailbreak; but PSP-Slim has gorgeous screens (all PSPs do, but I'd say Slim is best of them myself), and after going to custom firmware, its a great machine for video playing, gaming and homebrew. (CFW so you can use full-screen trans videos, and use ebook readers, and such. Also, I rip many of my UMDs to iso so I can keep 'em.. I got a 16GB memstick for when I was gong on a trip.. thats hell of a lot of video files :)

Since I already have a PSP, I don't see much need in the Go -- looks like really awkward controls to me, and the device optimized for video watching (but likely a bitch to go to CFW) .. so no bg deal. 16GB can be gotten (not cheaply, but still) for regular PSP. The no-UMD can also be gotten for PSP (don't put any in? ;), but the Go will certainly be lighter and more comfortable that way.

I'd say Go is a decent buy if you have no PSP, but a hard sell to those who have one. *Shrug*

Sony sucks, but PSP is pretty cool overall. Fun to code for, imho.

jeff

That makes difrence . I will buy PSP GO! cause i don't have now psp and I want one . Remember that pandora is exclusive product . You need w8 for your pandora after pre order more the half year ! For me it's more than too long
what's the pandora exclusive of? you don't have to wait half a year, it just happened to be like that. if you're saying you canceled your original order, that's fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't have to wait half a year, it just happened to be like that.

Not ? How long people here w8 for panda ? Do you think there will be any difrence in second batch ?

you don't have to wait half a year, it just happened to be like that.
Not ? How long people here w8 for panda ? Do you think there will be any difrence in second batch ?

you misunderstood me. i mean that when people pre-ordered, they had no idea it would take over half a year. obviously, there will be a difference with the second batch because at that point, the team can just call the factories to mass produce more units.

OT so sorry :rolleyes:

skeezix, is there a video player that allows you to drag & drop .avi files (typical downloaded tv episodes) and play them without having to re-size etc? I have CFW but always use Total Video Convertor to convert all my videos into PSP format to watch on the go .... If there was some homebrew that meant I did not have to do that, I'd be a happy satanist :lol:

I seriously think sony has gone bonkers with the PSP GO. If they're going to release something, release something NEW, not another nintendo-type console (Gameboy > Gameboy Pocket > Gameboy Color, they're all essentially the same console with slight feature upgrades.)

you misunderstood me. i mean that when people pre-ordered, they had no idea it would take over half a year. obviously, there will be a difference with the second batch because at that point, the team can just call the factories to mass produce more units.

Yes , you've right :) Someone know when will be pandora ? every month date is difrent ; /

Yes , you've right :) Someone know when will be pandora ? every month date is difrent ; /

no, the month date is never different, it's always two months :lol:

Back