Psp Emulation

TheLonelyGod

Still Fresh
whiskthecat said:
So, just to piss people off, how about psp emulation? :D

So would it be possible to do that?
are their any psp emulators out there?

Last edited by a moderator:
That'd be like emulating a PS2 - I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not even sure there's a PSP emulator for PC.

i googled it and there is one, but it doesn't run commercial games.

But the psp emulates the psp so why can't we do it?
lol
(I'm joking, don't flame me.)

squeakypants said:
Yeah, the PSP is more powerful than the PS2.
Not really. The PSP is rendering at a much lower resolution than the PS2.

I heard that theoretically it could be done using high level emulation, however this would be difficult and probably not all that possible.

Besides, I think the psp can render way more polygons than the pandora, which makes it a moot point.

Goity said:
I heard that theoretically it could be done using high level emulation, however this would be difficult and probably not all that possible.

Besides, I think the psp can render way more polygons than the pandora, which makes it a moot point.
No it can't IIRC, there's just some BS about the numbers published, but someone more aware than me about the facts will be able to tell you better. The Pandora will be hands down the most powerful handheld device ever out there, period (am I right?).

so we can emulate the ps2?

I can play metal gear solid 3??!?!?!?!?!?
and
Portable Opps

on the same system!!!!

w00t.

TheLonelyGod said:

and
Portable Opps

on the same system!!!!

w00t.
I guess it's exactly the contrary.

TheLonelyGod said:

and
Portable Opps

on the same system!!!!

w00t.
Emulate no, but what a dream it would be to get licensed titles onto Pandora with its similar processing power?

I'd give your right arm to see the new FF7 or God of War ported to Pandora :) :p

Adventus said:
I'm no PSP dev (so correct me if im wrong), but these threads seem to Imply the actual PSP gpu performance:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4...tex+performance

They are far and away from what Sony states (What a surprise!). Apparantly a "real" game can render in the range of ~1M/sec tri's. I'm fairly certain the Pandora will out perform the PSP graphically.

But will enough developers exploit it? I can't wait to see some games on the pandora with better graphics than the psp offers.

teggun said:
Adventus said:
I'm no PSP dev (so correct me if im wrong), but these threads seem to Imply the actual PSP gpu performance:

They are far and away from what Sony states (What a surprise!). Apparantly a "real" game can render in the range of ~1M/sec tri's. I'm fairly certain the Pandora will out perform the PSP graphically.

But will enough developers exploit it? I can't wait to see some games on the pandora with better graphics than the psp offers.

That would be incredible, but how many really large publishers / game companies or whatnot are going to develop or even port a game for the Pandora? It's nice to dream but in reality I think it'll just be a suped-up GP2x with just ports, emulation and homebrew keeping it afloat.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to buy it and go play my old retro consoles on it.. but I really can't see any big names coming to it..

I am going to be extremely happy if I can play the Legend of Kyrandia games, Police Quest games and the Monkey Island games.

Oh and all of the Commander Keen games.

Is that possible to do?

Btw with proper advertising and marketing of the Pandora it could be big. I can easily think of a couple of places that like to feature new electronics to show consumers.

Back