Soywiz PSP emulator

Uses mono -> should be slow on Pandora. Also needs opengles conversion.

Someone with experience with mono needs to try it.

But dreamcast might at least on the 1ghz models. It would be interesting to see if it's possible on the pandora too. Methinks I will have to start a generous bounty for dreamcast emulation when my 1ghz pandy arrives from the hallowed halls of Rothwell.

I thought I remember someone having PSP emulation able to run some homebrew quite acceptably. There was too much missing still to run native games. Who was that and where did they go and am I remembering correctly about the "acceptably" part. I know I'm remembering the "runs some homebrew but not native games yet" part correctly.

Well the old dc video on the pandora seemed to have a pc processing the data for it, would it be possible to implement something like this?

What's up with those PSP emus using high level programming languages, JPCSP, now this.. What's next, another one written in javascript?

What's up with those PSP emus using high level programming languages, JPCSP, now this.. What's next, another one written in javascript?

You know the trend with nowadays languages and everyones attitude for "We have the power, who cares".

Though, it does sound kinda like shooting yourself to leg doing emulation with HL language, when dirty low-level tricks could save time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I remember someone having PSP emulation able to run some homebrew quite acceptably. There was too much missing still to run native games. Who was that and where did they go and am I remembering correctly about the "acceptably" part. I know I'm remembering the "runs some homebrew but not native games yet" part correctly.
Yeah... JayFoxRox or JayRayFox or something. And yup he was making some good progress, not heard anything recently though!

JPCSP actually uses a lot of x86/x86_64 assembly code and therefore has to be specifically built for each platform.

Yeah... JayFoxRox or JayRayFox or something. And yup he was making some good progress, not heard anything recently though!

Does anyone have his current source code or contact with him?

Back