Promoting The Gp2x Further...

Ollie the Octopus?
Oscar the Octopus?
Oswald the Octopus?

Perhaps we could have an Orange Octopus?

oddly enough i was thinking about a mascot the other week and i can actually see him playing in his first game in my head

the mascot was called CB and he was a stripey cat with a mask on (CB was short for cat burglar). i have some idea how he actually looks as part of the inspiration came from a picture in a children's book (which i can scan to show etc)

the first game that introduced CB was a game that involved some capers in tall buildings , allowing different floors to be visible and then a vertical scroll up after use of stairs/lifts etc etc

many follow on games came to mind where CB's talents where put to use for king and country etc etc behind enemy lines, in cheap imitation driving games and so on

one for the melting pot maybe

Well, the GP2X is sleek and black, I say we find the animal kingdom equivalent....

The BLACK PANTHER!

Now a kinda catchy name for a black panther? Something stylish yet wild and black.

Noir?
Shade?
Cool Kat?
Shadowcat?
Panthera? (female?)

Anyone wanna draw a prototype for a mascot/game? Maybe with green eyes or amber eyes?

I'm going to agree with Dimacus. What we need it for some new homebrew that needs unique characters to request some of the designers on the boards to draw up one.
If the game or character is good enough, perhaps the character will be given more games and become a mascot. Assigning a mascot will never please everyone and will probably end up stupid: like a banana with a not-penis ;)

Magnulus posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:23 AM said:
The penguin is cute. I agree.
For those of us how haven't been around that long, what's the history of that penguin? Where did it come from? Who drew it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz posted on Jul 19 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
For those of us how haven't been around that long, what's the history of that penguin? Where did it come from? Who drew it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux

A slightly modified Tux would maybe be the best thing when choosing a mascot.

Marco1983 posted on Jul 19 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
Dzz posted on Jul 19 2006 at 03:36 PM said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux

A slightly modified Tux would maybe be the best thing when choosing a mascot.
Yeah, that's the linux penguin. But it's not the penguin people are talking about here I don't think (the sort of bullet shaped thing).

I could be completely confused, but the artwork is certainly very different and it came from somewhere.

Thanks guys! Nobody can force a resolution, but for me GPengu is it!

Just one last clarification -- this thing isn't ripped off from anywhere else is it?

Dzz posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:42 AM said:
Thanks guys! Nobody can force a resolution, but for me GPengu is it!

Just one last clarification -- this thing isn't ripped off from anywhere else is it?

I don't know of any other penguins with X and Y buttons for hands, and a jack-hole from the you-know-what.

I'd love to see a GPengu game (and a Hasse game!), but I'm not sure what kind of a game this would be. If you ask me, it should be something you can play in short spurts as well as long ones. The design of the character, while really cute, is kind of constricting in terms of action, so it'd have to be something like an adventure, puzzle or RPG game, maybe... Just thinking out loud here.

Back