Project64 is now opensource : interesting ?

That puts it in the same category that mupen64plus and Daedalus were before Pandora was released. Needing months of work from someone like Ari64 to get a new recompiler that targets ARM and needing an OpenGL ES renderer.

I mean, you could probably adapt what mupen64plus currently uses for these parts but you'd first have to assess that the stuff in PJ64 that you wouldn't be replacing has enough benefit to make it worthwhile.

Also these are only the c part.

I guess there will be a lot of assembly to be replaced.

Edit:

Oh, seems to be fully opensource.

Better link with git repo:

http://www.pj64-emu.com/blog/

Last edited by a moderator:
The code is pretty much worthless unless JaboD3D is open sourced (which it never will be). The recompiler is more of a mess than mupen's apparently...

Yeah and good luck converting a D3D plugin to OpenGL ES 2.. and people think converting OpenGL is hard..

JaboD3D is one of the only plugins that supports full framebuffer and including RDRAM copy support and (don't quote me on this) D3D to OpenGL/ES is probably easier than converting Glide napalm (x86 assembly) to C/arm assembly.

I noticed, that it plays Blast Corps and Yoshi's Story quite well while I never got to run those glitchfree enough on other emus.

Back