N64 For Linux

zohnnyg

www.pj64-emu.com has news of a non direct new version of mupen64 for linux and all operating systems. good news for us pandora fans!

Yeah, mupen64plus has been out for quite a while. IIRC, the dynamic recompiler is only suited for x86 and amd64 processors, which means there's still a lot of heavy lifting to be done before it's ready to be run on pandora's ARM processor.

depends on the model.
I've tried it, not like the real N64, but it would need a LOT of optimization and use the graphics chip to come close. I doubt it will be out when the Pandora comes to the public.

!!!!
I was looking at the blog of mupen64plus and i saw...

We can thank orbitaldecay for joining the project team to provide us with custom netplay code. This means we will not be using the dead remains of what was once Kaillera. Our netplay code is expected to be faster with less delay then ever seen with an online Nintendo 64 Emulator, also when the time comes, it will be cross-platform.

netplay code. open source. n64 emulator. cross platform. yay?

magicman5421 said:
!!!!
I was looking at the blog of mupen64plus and i saw...

We can thank orbitaldecay for joining the project team to provide us with custom netplay code. This means we will not be using the dead remains of what was once Kaillera. Our netplay code is expected to be faster with less delay then ever seen with an online Nintendo 64 Emulator, also when the time comes, it will be cross-platform.
netplay code. open source. n64 emulator. cross platform. yay?

I've emailed orbitaldecay. Having a system of online play that was platform (and emulator) independent was one thing I thought would be great. Maybe we can get him to come by, and hey, he might even like TINXL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back