3d And Dsp Drivers Now Public.

So if we find out what DJ is working on, we find out what the secret is?

cb88 said:
@darkblu soright :) but now .... I'm confused X.x LOL
tungsten have a closed-source SGX backend for the gallium, ordered by intel for their SCH (poulsbo).

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some further interesting (very exciting) news to come but it can't be revealed yet.

If you're trying to build more hype then it isn't working

craigix said:
mali said:
Sadly Craigix doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It are drivers for the omap3evm board running a 2.6.22 TI kernel.
It doesn’t contain anything that isn’t available otherwise thru the TI sit.

*mumbles something about giving people false hope*
Edit:
Link: http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/2...lable/#comments

That's why DJ has them working then is it? I guess I imagined that as I don't know what I'm talking about.

<3

Username said:
Wow, so the 3D acceleration can be used now, or am I just confused?

Yes, the 3D acceleration can be used by pre-compiled applications. DJ has the drivers working on several kernel versions.

Also TI only just told me today they were public and that we could post videos. Until now, as far as I'm aware, this has always been a gray area and they were only available by request.

Squidge said:
Username said:

Yes, the 3D acceleration can be used by pre-compiled applications. DJ has the drivers working on several kernel versions.
Ace!
What do we need to compile GL ES applications?

TheGoodDoktor said:
Squidge said:
Username said:

Ace!

headers?

;p

darkblu said:
TheGoodDoktor said:
Squidge said:
Username said:

Ace!

headers?

;p

Thanks, I don't know what I'd do without these little programming lessons I get on the forums. :p

Gruso said:
Well I'm pretty confused. First we have an announcement about 3D and DSP drivers, disputed by Koen Kooi who is apparently working with DJWillis:

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/2...-now-available/

Then we have the OpenGL 2.0 announcement disputed by Laurent:

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/opengl/

It would be nice if someone could clear these things up, if only so we can get the correct information on the blog.

the only GL2 implementation for SGX i'm aware of is tungsten's (mesa gl2 frontend on top of gallium), commissioned by intel, not TI.
AAMOF, i don't believe even imgtec's SDK has such a thing as GL2 for SGX (at lest i have not seen one).

and i don't expect to see many GL implemetations for the SGX in the future - the only group interested in them would be devs down-porting desktop GL apps to mobiles. as it is today, nobody else wants or needs desktop GL on a mobile part.

cb88 said:
@darkblu... beagleboard TIs brainchild happens to be a "desktop" ;)

good point there. as most people would keep their beagleboard on their desks, we would just have to wait for the gl drivers to amalgamate from the es ones ; )

The TI package has the openGL ES libs in right? And the kernel side drivers (services4 & omaplfb) have been ported to the beagle (already integrated into OE). Assuming that the kernel side drivers (which came through Nokia?) are from the same version as the libs from TI and the kernel ABI hasn't changed much between 2.6.22 & 2.6.27 then, using the TI toolchain, you should be able to use the openGL ES libs from TI with the beagle kernel giving you 3D on the beagle.

Might give this a try if I can find some time :). This may be what Koen did, not sure, http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard...ceea86a9229eacc

Back