3d And Dsp Drivers Now Public.

Now, that's what I'm talking about. I'm looking forward to seeing some great things coming since the drivers are finally here.

ahem....

COMMENCE SPECULATION!

Full support for regular opengl perhaps?... gallium based driver that seems a bit of a stretch to me but it could happen...

Just tell it! :D

No, seriously, what is it I have a right to know! :D

Most likely MWeston finally receives the bottom half of the FDM unit and is now busy doing his thing with the case ... or they have some cool apps already worked on by ED & Co - (Doom 3 perhaps)

Who cares ... More good news for the Pandora project - after all the negativity of the General News section this is a welcome relief

cb88 said:
ahem....

COMMENCE SPECULATION!

Full support for regular opengl perhaps?... gallium based driver that seems a bit of a stretch to me but it could happen...
wow, hold your horses : )

gallium is out of the question - it's tungsten tech, and they're working for the competition : )

TI are working with imgtec - we're drinking from the source ; )

Last edited by a moderator:
uuurrrhh you know gallium3d is open source right it was recently merged into mesa trunk?

how do you expect the radeon and nouveou drivers are using it (experimentally which is why i doubted it would already be in a production driver)

Gallium currently has drivers for rather similar intel cards, so gallium3d drivers and regular OpenGL on top of those is feasible.

So no 3D Drivers??? Why every new Pandora releated news often causes more confusion than clearness? :(

And why is it that hard to release important Drivers for a already available Chipset? I mean Ti or SGX doesn't release a Chip without drivers or did they?

fusion_power said:
So no 3D Drivers??? Why every new Pandora releated news often causes more confusion than clearness? :(

And why is it that hard to release important Drivers for a already available Chipset? I mean Ti or SGX doesn't release a Chip without drivers or did they?
Read the last line of craig's post:

There is some further interesting (very exciting) news to come but it can't be revealed yet.

This is a pretty big hint that its related to the 3D drivers.

cb88 said:
uuurrrhh you know gallium3d is open source right it was recently merged into mesa trunk?

how do you expect the radeon and nouveou drivers are using it (experimentally which is why i doubted it would already be in a production driver)
sorry, my bad - i was referring to the SGX gallium backend.

yes, what you say is viable - it should be doable to devise a gl2 frontend (erm, mesa) on top of gallium with a es2 backend.

@darkblu soright :) but now .... I'm confused X.x LOL

Edit:
I just registered on the TI site and it appears that Koen is correct these driver are for the Omap 3530 but only the 3530 EVM board not the pandora or even the beagle board ... also they are for kernel 2.6.22 as Koen says and the pandora is running 2.6.27 or better from what i understand I don't see anything hinting opengl 2 support only es 1 2 and egl

I would copy a page excerpt here but i'm not sure that is allowed

EDIT 2

Reading installer PDF... apparently you can rebuild the kernel modules with the SDK which might mean you could install it on a newer kernel so mayby the pandora is indirectly somewhat supported ... I guess we will know when the demos start showing up from the DEVs

mali said:
Sadly Craigix doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It are drivers for the omap3evm board running a 2.6.22 TI kernel.
It doesn’t contain anything that isn’t available otherwise thru the TI sit.

*mumbles something about giving people false hope*
Edit:
Link: http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/2...lable/#comments

That's why DJ has them working then is it? I guess I imagined that as I don't know what I'm talking about.

So the drivers are completely freely available? Without needing permission, licensing etc.?

Perhaps DJ is such a star he has got 'the wrong drivers' working and OP can sell them... ;)

Back