[Programming competition!] 'Making my Game the way I like 2012'

The first official Splash Screen is now available in 3 resolutions (800x600, 640x480 and 320x240)

563425_10151032408458118_882613766_n.jpg

320x240

http://www.gp32spain...64&d=1342553081

640x480

http://www.gp32spain...65&d=1342553114

800x600

http://www.gp32spain...66&d=1342553152

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh lord, where did you get that picture from? ;)

800x480 would be good, too.

Edit: No offense, but would something more game or computerrelated make more sense?

2 - The src code for review it's only for I take a look, to be sure you don't copy a open src game and change only the graphics... I don't send the src to jury or any people.

most of the work in a game is in the art, especially for simple puzzle/action games.

the code counts for very little and it's relatively easy to figure out when game logic code was copied.

Remember this rules are the same of the last competition I made, and nobody have problems with this when release the final games.

that's because everyone who had a problem with this rule simply ignored your competition.

the game content is propriety of the autors, I repeat...

Curious the fact we are talking in a open hand held community about this rule xD
Especially here. Probably most people here care a lot more about author's rights than the average person does, so of course many people here have learned not to trust blindly.

Open-source vs. closed-source debate aside, you appear to be asking people to trust blindly. Why should they do that?

the game content is propriety of the autors, I repeat...

you're missing the point.

what about the game engine and tools I've spent years and lots of money working on?

you're selling commercial game clones on Android and other markets, why in the world would I give the source to my games and tools to one of my competitors?

Curious the fact we are talking in a open hand held community about this rule xD

you are confused, your argument is completely fallacious and has nothing to do with open source.

open hardware != open source.

open hand held in this case means its not locked down with DRM and no need to jailbreak and programing docs are available and you can run whatever software you want, the software/firmware however on OpenPandora is NOT 100% OPEN SOURCE.

don't use OpenPandora's open hardware as an argument, its unrelated to open source.

Open-source vs. closed-source debate aside, you appear to be asking people to trust blindly. Why should they do that?

exactly

he's got his own little commercial interest in inspecting other people's code, he sell his own games.

he doesn't just want the game's source code but the game asset tools source code too.

tools he could use secretly to make more commercial games, saving him years of work, without ever being possible to prove he stole the game tools as they are not distributed with the final product.

he's not giving any reason to trust with the source and he clearly has conflicts of interest.

and he's using non sequitur logic and FOSS popularity politics trying to bring in the FOSS fanboyism to distract and steer away from the raised issue and drown it.

try right-clicking on his website, he's got this pop up saying "© 2012 GECA soft."

he's trying to block people from opening the right-click menu and checking out the web source or copying anything (I wanted to copy the rules to a text file)

qmaXZ.png

Remember this rules are the same of the last competition I made, and nobody have problems with this when release the final games.

for someone who wants the source to other people's stuff, he's awfully protective of his own stuff.

and he argues when people raise an issue about the source requirement being odd.

( I want to remind that the issue was initially raised by Pickle and sebt3, two open-source devs )

What I'm wondering is: are there any participants yet, and if so, how many? I do not see any information about this on the specified website or in this thread, and I don't speak Spanish.

Amazing the conspiracy created about the contest in the lasts posts xD

1 - The rules are the rules, we don't need to justify them, you are free to participate or not, it's your choice. I don't discuss it anymore, there is many know programmers from spanish community happy to participate, they do it in the past in another similar contests, so for me the contest it's only a hobby not a way to pay my bills...

2 - I don't have commercial games on AppStore or wathewer, my only commercial game it's PolloPollo, and it's only a fail experiment, so please don't try to justify the rules with stolen code or wathewer. Total money I win with PolloPollo is about 20 euros in total of 1 year of work and many hours spent, so this is ridiculous mix my page contest with my other personal projects in association with others programmers...

3 - My page have a popup to don't copy resources it's right, but you can easy copy all code from my page, it's ridiculous think i'm protecting my stuffs xD

I only have this because it is old code from my fist page of 1999, and I mantain that for fun, nothing more...

Amazing the conspiracy created about the contest in the lasts posts xD
No, my question was serious, I don't understand Spanish. The rules are a different thing.

My answers is for Stephane. About your questions, yes they are some participants I know, but this is not relevant to know until the contest end, I think.

9 days to go....

Prizes will be improved at the last minute because participants are very important for us :)

Until I get official photo of the new prizes will update the official list of awards according to different positions, but I advance what adds to the awards:

1. - THRUSTMASTER UNIVERSAL CHALLENGE (compatible with PS3, PS2, PC, GameCube, WII)

2. - Console Xbox 360 (JASPER 256) with 1.0 rgh done and xexmenu 1.1 installed in main memory.

Well, this are the last prizes included (the xbox360 is replaced with a pspvita :) because someone crash it on mail sevice...)

Later I update final prize list on my page.

The contest ends tonight at 23:59 (Madrid).

Good luck!

imag9611.jpg

Back