Problems With Running Pnd In The Os

mr.miyagi

Just got my Pandora Yesterday weeeeeeee Thanks ED. :)

But I can't run any PND files, nothing happens when I click on them, are there anything that I forgot to setup?

I have arranged all files like this:

Apps/***.pnd
Emulators/***.pnd
Games/***.pnd

And one other thing, I made the panel at the bottom disapear how can I get that back?, so now i have to rightclick on the desktop to get the start menu and can't see the battery time and so on, nothing happens when I clicking on panel in the setting menu.

PNDs must be in the directory pandora/[apps|desktop|menu] on the SD-card.

in apps and programs will show up on both desktop and in menu. Deskop... well, only on desktop. And menu, they'll only show up in menu.

EDIT: And this thread should be in subforum "I need help"

mr.miyagi said:
Just got my Pandora Yesterday weeeeeeee Thanks ED. :)

But I can't run any PND files, nothing happens when I click on them, are there anything that I forgot to setup?

I have arranged all files like this:

Apps/***.pnd
Emulators/***.pnd
Games/***.pnd

And one other thing, I made the panel at the bottom disapear how can I get that back?, so now i have to rightclick on the desktop to get the start menu and can't see the battery time and so on, nothing happens when I clicking on panel in the setting menu.

Ninja'd, but i'll add - you don't need to sort your pnd's either, they are all internally classified, so put them all in one of the folders below (i.e. pandora/menu)

Oh and if you make all they folder changes on your pandora you might need to eject and reinsert the card for stuff to appear in the menus.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaeshjag said:

in apps and programs will show up on both desktop and in menu. Deskop... well, only on desktop. And menu, they'll only show up in menu.

If you put them in menu, is that for the start menu, or for the mini-menu? My desktop gets full so fast with icons, that it would be cool to get them in the start menu as well.

mrdremel said:
slaeshjag said:

If you put them in menu, is that for the start menu, or for the mini-menu? My desktop gets full so fast with icons, that it would be cool to get them in the start menu as well.

menu is for the start menu. mmenu is for minimenu only. apps is for everywhere. desktop is for the desktop.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
mrdremel said:
slaeshjag said:

menu is for the start menu. mmenu is for minimenu only. apps is for everywhere. desktop is for the desktop.

-God Ginrai

Cool, I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything about it. thanks guys. :)

about the other question: anybody knows how to get the menubar at the bottom back again, it's really annoys me that it's gone.

mr.miyagi said:
Cool, I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything about it. thanks guys. :)
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual#Introduction_To_.PNDs
mr.miyagi said:
about the other question: anybody knows how to get the menubar at the bottom back again, it's really annoys me that it's gone.
Not sure - have a look for panel settings

tsh said:
mr.miyagi said:
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual#Introduction_To_.PNDs
mr.miyagi said:
Not sure - have a look for panel settings
I did but nothing happend when i clicked on that option.

I just flashed it and now i works.

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Alternatively you can right click on a pnd and select "open with" then "open with other application" then select "custom command" and type in "pnd_run" , after that pnd_run will show up as default program to run pnds with when you right click. There is probably a way to associate pnd_run with pnds so that clicking them runs them but I'm not sure how. Anyways I ended up doing it this way when I first got my Pandora because I didn't know about the directory structure. I find it useful to have a way to execute pnd's while navigating through thunar (file manager).

Minimenu waches apps/desktop/mmenu/menu

Xfce watches menu/desktop/apps

You can use subdirs of those too

Jeffphone

Back