A quite serious problem

NESnero

Bottom line. I cannot run any applications. This happened after I installed Hotfix 6 in PND form. I tried to run things from my SD card from the start menu, I click on them, nothing happens they dont start. A few programs start, GNOME mplayer works, as well as Chromium but all mmy other applications dont (Quake 3, mupen, comix, Homeworld, Abiword) I click them, nothing happens, I tried putting fresh PND's into the folders still doesnt work, then I switched all the files to a different SD card, still doesnt work.

Nothing, runs! FFFFFFF-

Edit: Just found various problems like this on the Hotfix 6 thread, will look there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same problem with the update PND, did the full flash and everything was fine.

@NESnero, after trying to run an application and it fails, try looking in /tmp on your filesystem for some pndout_abiword (or whatever PND you tried) files, as those may have error messages that help explain the problem.

I would prefer a fixed PND Firmware Updater instead of a forced reflash. ^^""
Whats the issue with a re-flash? only takes 5 minutes and you get the pleasure of configuring your settings again to your specifications. Most people seem to dislike this. I however quite enjoy this, guess am a bit odd

I would prefer a fixed PND Firmware Updater instead of a forced reflash. ^^""
Whats the issue with a re-flash? only takes 5 minutes and you get the pleasure of configuring your settings again to your specifications. Most people seem to dislike this. I however quite enjoy this, guess am a bit odd
Well, it takes ages to set up the Pandora again in the state I have it now. I have custom skins and Desktop Themes on Nand, many programs use the NAND (sadly) and so on. "Never change a running system" and Complete reflash changes alot...and it is not user friendly of course. ;)

Twice now when I've flashed I've had this sort of problem.

It comes from overwriting the .Xauthority file when I restored my home directory and buggering up the magic cookie so new GUI apps would not start.

Just logout and back in.

Back