Simple: How Do I Make Pnds Work?

daffy

Since Midori crashes every third page it loads up, I want to use Chromium.

I downloaded the PND. Then I go looking for what to do with it. Not so easy to work it out.

Pandorawiki being down, I went to its google cache, which has this:

there are four different folders you can put your PND files in to have their applications show up in different locations:

* "/media/*/pandora/menu" - These PND-files will only generate shortcut icons in the system's application menu. ("*.desktop" files will be written to "/usr/share/applications")
* "/media/*/pandora/desktop" - These PND files will only generate shortcut icons on the Desktop. ("*.desktop" files will be written to "~/Desktop")
* "/media/*/pandora/apps" - Deprecated to some extent, this directory is used to be _both_ menu and desktop, without having to copy the pnd-file into /menu and /desktop (avoiding duplication)
* "/usr/pandora/apps" This also extracts shortcut icons to the desktop. This path should not be touched, and is included to make an easy avenue for the Pandora firmware developers to include essential tools for the user, when bundled as pnd-files. (As of this writing early 2010, such tools are built into the firmware without being pnd-files, but the option exists still.)

So I go into my SD card, create a pandora directory; inside that I create a menu directory. I put chromium.pnd in there.

Nothing happens. Remove SD card and insert. Nothing happens. Restart. Still, no changes to the menu.

Alright: right click on Chromium.pnd and choose Execute. Nothing. Aha! Choose "Run PND Application" from the System Menu. You guessed it: nothing.

I give up: what's the secret?

Tried renaming pandora/menu to pandora/desktop. Still nothing.

The PND might be broken. Try redownloading first. If it still doesn't work, format the SD card with the formatting tool from the Tweaks Thread, redownload the PND and try again.

Back