Private testing for Rebirth competition: Hedgewars

willrandship

I need beta testers, because I got hedgewars hacked together in what I think should work, but I can't be sure since I don't have a pandora and I gave up on emulation.

Respond in this forum and I'll PM/Email you the PND. Also, try to take at least one screenshot, for my sake :p

Issues I think will be there:

x The main menu will be enormous for the Pandora Screen

Issues I know are there:

x None so far

Feel free to reflect opinions, suggestions, etc. and no matter what you do, don't post it back on the internet! As a precaution, I'm going to mark the binaries so that I can tell which one is which if it gets leaked. I want a fair shot at that pandora prize. :p

It should work with online servers as well as single player. It's version 0.9.17-1.

Also, I recommend turning on the setting where a joystick acts as the mouse cursor, because the weapons that use the cursor are triggered by clicking. This would make the touchscreen highly inconvenient. Of course, I can't say for sure that's what the best option is, lacking a pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:

willrandship

Great! I'm in process of uploading the PND to dropbox (it's fairly large, 130 MB) and I'll send you a link when it's done!

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
yea, sure. I'll take part. Would love to see this online, though I doubt it with Pandora WiFi, or at least tanks didn't work too well

willrandship

well, we'll see. Wifi shouldn't be too much of a limitation if you've got a good connection. After all, your internet is generally the bottleneck.

Also, Hedgewars is nice in its connection methods: The person whose turn it is gets flawless playback, and it lags for the other people instead, so everyone gets a good playing experience unless it's so bad they time out.

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
well, we'll see. Wifi shouldn't be too much of a limitation if you've got a good connection. After all, your internet is generally the bottleneck.

Also, Hedgewars is nice in its connection methods: The person whose turn it is gets flawless playback, and it lags for the other people instead, so everyone gets a good playing experience unless it's so bad they time out.
unfortunately, your internet connection wont matter much here. im on a 15mbps down, 1up connection, and im lucky if i get 0.5mbps down on pandora.....although my upload stays true at 1mbps :| this pretty much applies to all pandoras, so unless youre connected via ethernet over USB....

willrandship

That really sucks. is that the wifi bug they were supposed to fix 3 patches ago?

In any case, HW should run decently on that.

peelie

the .pnd i downloaded doesn't want to run?

edit also cannot read .pnd using PNDtools

If it all works I'll have to pay up with the £10 bounty I offered for the port of the full game. :)

SavageMind

Ohhh ME ME!! Sorry so late but hey. I'm in Afghanistan, cut me a break. :blink: :blink: