Pre-Ordered Pandora, what version is it?

Neal Cullum

Still Fresh
Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I've pre-ordered a pandora last week and i've seen topics on the internet about a pandora 2 being made. If this is true then does anyone know if i'll get an original pandora or a newer version? Thanks.

There is no Pandora2.

What you will get is the Pandora '1.5' which has more RAM and the new LCD cable and Nubs, so it's all up to date.

There may, possibly be a Pandora 2, a few years in the future, if enough Pandora 1.5s sell.

If you wait, you loose out on years of having a Pandora, while reducing the chances of a P2 ever being made

What you will get is the Pandora '1.5' which has more RAM and the new LCD cable and Nubs, so it's all up to date.
ED mentioned that Pandora v1.5 is the internal production name for the next "out of production part replacement" hardware revision.

The actually sold pandoras fit between that new v1.5 and the first v1.0, as they have double RAM i'd suggested v1.2 for them.

Please solve the product version naming confusion and give the pandora offical version names.

Please solve the product version naming confusion and give the pandora offical version names.
It is somewhat official. You either have a First Batch or a ReBirth Edition, as per the sticker on the bottom of the unit. I don't think every part revision should get its own version, or things might get confusing.

<plug for letter suffixes here>

Current version is the Pandora R

Next will be the Pandora CR

What does this number mean? (Picture by BAFelton)

pandasticker.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There may, possibly be a Pandora 2, a few years in the future, if enough Pandora 1.5s sell.

If you wait, you loose out on years of having a Pandora, while reducing the chances of a P2 ever being made
There may, possibly be the end of the world before. The Pandora 2 section of the board is called "Pandora 2 SPAM" for a good reason. Please stop spamming the remaining forum about pandora 2. As you can see this P2 stuff leads into confusion of new users. And as you logically reasoned this confusion pushed the Pandora 2 much farer away if potential new users decide to wait for the non exsiting P2.

It is somewhat official. You either have a First Batch or a ReBirth Edition, as per the sticker on the bottom of the unit. I don't think every part revision should get its own version, or things might get confusing.

I didn't get a sticker :( I looked all over for it too, I'm disappointed now.

^

No sticker below where the battery sits?

Oh, hmm...didn't read all the text the first time....yeah, nm before. Got my serial, "rebirth edition" listed and "made in Bavaria, germany".

Somehow I expected a rainbow sticker, perhaps with rainbow dash on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replies. I just noticed on the news post that there's pandoras to be bought from u.k right now! Thing is i've already pre-ordered it so i'm going to have to find out if i can cancel the pre-order and buy one straight up.

There may, possibly be the end of the world before. The Pandora 2 section of the board is called "Pandora 2 SPAM" for a good reason. Please stop spamming the remaining forum about pandora 2. As you can see this P2 stuff leads into confusion of new users. And as you logically reasoned this confusion pushed the Pandora 2 much farer away if potential new users decide to wait for the non exsiting P2.
As far as I know, what I said is accurate.

The Pandora is no different to any other product - if the first version sells well, there may be an improved version .

The confusion is largely with naming:

1. There is an improved pandora being made now
  2. There is a theoretical redesign called Pandora2

as the current improved version does not have an established name, Neal accidentally referred to the rebirth edition as a Pandora 2

I did not told you that you are wrong. I told you that here is the wrong section for that.

Theory is nice, but useless if practice is required.

Neal was confused by that theoretically stuff.

Hi there,

I (preorderer from january2012) just got my Pandora, and I am also questioning myself .. what Edition is it (on the inside / outside). The outside is clear - the sticker under the battery says "rebirth Edition" and "made in Bavaria". A

"cat /proc/meminfo"

in the terminal tells me that i have 249564 kB of total memory, and not like I expected around 512MB. Does it mean i have a Edition-1 PCB inside? Or is the shown amount of memory (btw: Conky tells me the same) wrong?

Greeting from Amsterdam,

Joe

no, it just means youre using an old OS(kernel) that cant use the 512mb memory. update to superzaxxon beta 4(thread found in the beta section) or boot your pandora while holding R trigger, and select boot into 3.2 kernel

Updated. Checked. Happy.

Thanks for the fast reply!

cheers, joe

p.s. I had the gut feeling that I read this some time somewhere in the forum already but could not find back the thread.

Back