Post Here When Your Refund Clears

j.pickens said:
Total conjecture on my part, but, hey, I've got nothing better to do, my Pandora isn't here yet.

I hope this is what is going on, as it will preclude the refunds, and explains the lack of progress in the current refund situation.

I can neither confirm nor deny any of your theories.
;)

As-per requests, I went through the thread and cleaned out most of the off-topic bellyaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
j.pickens said:
Total conjecture on my part, but, hey, I've got nothing better to do, my Pandora isn't here yet.

I hope this is what is going on, as it will preclude the refunds, and explains the lack of progress in the current refund situation.

I can neither confirm nor deny any of your theories.
;)

As-per requests, I went through the thread and cleaned out most of the off-topic bellyaching.

Oooh, a non-denial denial. I hope I'm onto something. (the ;) being the glimmer of the beginnings of a possible confirmation of my conjecture).

Here's my plan.

The refund goes into my account - great.

Then I reorder. In the process, I'm going to pretend the past two months haven't happened, and that my reorder is my first order.

Hey Presto! Instant gratification!

Sorry I was wrong when I posted that I had my refund earlier. I got a £250 refund from somewhere else and assumed that it was the Pandora when I got my second Pandora refund email and when checking my card I noticed the balance was £200 in credit.

solidstate said:
Sorry I was wrong when I posted that I had my refund earlier. I got a £250 refund from somewhere else and assumed that it was the Pandora when I got my second Pandora refund email and when checking my card I noticed the balance was £200 in credit.
The plot thickens....

Unless somebody else randomly put £200 into my bank account, I just received the refund.

Edit: Actually, somebody did! False alarm (sorry darkowl, hoped i would be able to change this before somebody saw it!)

coolbeans said:
Unless somebody else randomly put £200 into my bank account, I just received the refund.
Great! just out of interest when did you get the refund email, so that I can get a rough idea of when my refund will come through (I haven't checked my account today, so it might already be there) :D .

Edit: ahh, too bad. TBH, I'm getting a bit worried about this now. Hopefully this will get sorted sometime soonish so I can this payment stuff out of the way once and for all.

It is now nearly 2 weeks since I received my refund email and still no money in the bank - At what point should I become concerned? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? The email did say that the refund should have cleared by last Friday.

A lot of people say that we should just shut up with our complaints, but at what point does it become unreasonable?

I'd worry more if I could see that people had received their refunds and I still hadn't. At the moment, we all seem to be in the same situation. We know that the refunds are slower than expected, but we're assured that they're on the way. This is my 4th transaction with GBAX and I've always been pleased with the service so I'm willing to give some slack on this one, particularly for a problem that's beyond their control.

I suspect the money stuff will still be sorted out before the Pandora is ready to ship, and that's still a few weeks away even by the best estimates.

For what it's worth, I mailed Jaquelyn yesterday asking if I should be worried and got a mail back saying that they had "authorised the transactions but the bank are being much slower than we were initially informed in processing them", and that the refund should hit in 1 to 3 days.

(In the UK, receipt from protx, ...)

I said it before.. Give it a few days more and the refunds will start pouring in. Then we can all reorder.

I recieved two refund emails. the second because i added some stuff to my order. No doubt i'll email Jacqueline, request the total amount and then do a bank xfer.

Sit tight folks.

joa said:
I said it before.. Give it a few days more and the refunds will start pouring in. Then we can all reorder.

Yes but wasn't it a few days ago that you said it before... :p

piercer said:
It is now nearly 2 weeks since I received my refund email and still no money in the bank - At what point should I become concerned? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? The email did say that the refund should have cleared by last Friday.

A lot of people say that we should just shut up with our complaints, but at what point does it become unreasonable?
Exactly....if I receive nothing by the end of the month, I'm ringing up demanding my payment back, even if they have to manually post me the money....

If I was told that the status of my refund meant that I would not get a Pandora until it cleared, despite everyone else where the refund didnt apply getting one, then I'd complain. But I would probably complain at the bank involved rather than the Pandora guys.

Of course if we were told we wouldn't get a refund OR a Pandora and that we had to lump it, then there would be more than complaining.

Those people with so called concerns, what is the nature of your concern? That you wont get a refund? That you will lose your Pandora? That you will simply be screwed over? I think there should be a bit more specification of whether you are worried about a refund but confident in the team, or concerned you are involved in some shady business deal and stand to lose all your money.

Also, my refund still hasn't come through yet. I do wonder whether if there is anything we could do to speed things along but I am assuming not. It is exceptionally poor form of the bank to be allowing this kind of situation to be happening really.

I received the refund email on the 6th, i still havent had a refund hit my account yet, am i worried about the money, not really.

Am i worried about losing my Pandora pre-order, then yes, a little.

But i still have faith in the team behind the Pandora and all this still hasnt blunted my enthusiasm for the machine.

RenegadeChic said:
It is exceptionally poor form of the bank to be allowing this kind of situation to be happening really.
Yeah, that one's for sure. They don't seem to be able to do anything professionally for Craig and co, and unfortunately it's Craig and co who are getting the fingers pointed at.

RenegadeChic said:
If I was told that the status of my refund meant that I would not get a Pandora until it cleared, despite everyone else where the refund didnt apply getting one, then I'd complain. But I would probably complain at the bank involved rather than the Pandora guys.

Of course if we were told we wouldn't get a refund OR a Pandora and that we had to lump it, then there would be more than complaining.

Those people with so called concerns, what is the nature of your concern? That you wont get a refund? That you will lose your Pandora? That you will simply be screwed over? I think there should be a bit more specification of whether you are worried about a refund but confident in the team, or concerned you are involved in some shady business deal and stand to lose all your money.

Also, my refund still hasn't come through yet. I do wonder whether if there is anything we could do to speed things along but I am assuming not. It is exceptionally poor form of the bank to be allowing this kind of situation to be happening really.
My concerns are this: every single peice of information I have had about the ordering process has been wrong. If this was any other company there would be class action suit against them by now, but NO thats not cool - they can muck us around as much as they want and we're all happy just to take it.

I will not be reordering.

piercer said:
My concerns are this: every single peice of information I have had about the ordering process has been wrong. If this was any other company there would be class action suit against them by now, but NO thats not cool - they can muck us around as much as they want and we're all happy just to take it.

I will not be reordering.
Your loss and hopefully someone elses gain.

Curlyjs said:
When did you received the re-order e-mail?
JS
I received the email on the 11th, made my repayment via bank transfer on the 18th. Still no refund in my account yet, I hope that getting a new card hasn't messed anything up. I'll wait for another week and send an email to inquire about the situation.

@bank dragging their feet.... I wonder how much they are making from holding onto the pandora team's cash?

mahousaru said:
@bank dragging their feet.... I wonder how much they are making from holding onto the pandora team's cash?
Well, provided they can invest the theoretical credit, even at a modest 5% per annum rate, for £1,000,000 you could expect to make £136.99 a day from it. They've had most of it for over a month now so they should have earnt at least £4,500 from it.

I really don't know if you can actually invest things like credit though.

Back