American Express

Xanas

Still Fresh
I'm trying to find out if I'm an outlier or if no one who used an american express card has received their refund back yet.

I've previously been refunded for an item on the card, so I don't think there is anything abnormally weird about the process but I'm all different kinds of confused since I received the e-mail notification about the refund on 120208. Processing time simply cannot explain 12 days. Obviously it's possible the notification was based on "general timelines" instead of specific information, and I can accept that but with this situation drawing on longer and longer it's only getting more worrisome.

If you used an American Express and have or have not received a refund yet please let me know. I don't carry a balance on the card, so I was wondering if there may be some strange thing that prevents me from receiving the refund because my balance is less than the refund should be. So if you did get a refund, I'm interested in whether or not your balance was more or less than the amount of the refund.

I tried one of the other previous threads several days ago and I don't think anyone saw it. It's also possible I'm the only one who used this card.. which might make me "last in line" on the refund.

I used amex and no refund either. Disregard the day you got the refund notification, it's when the banks issue the refund to your card and who knows when that will be.

Unfortunately, it can take 12 days or so. This is partially explained by the bank being awkward and them processing things out of sync with openpandora. There have been many threads on this, not just Amex.

Best advice is to reply to your refund email. They will tell you what they believe your situation to be and whether you need to hold on or they need to chase it. Also be aware that the credits often appear to be back dated so you don't necessarily see the transaction easily.

I know my balance very well, I don't carry one and I reconcile my budget regularly. So a backdated transaction is not something I'm going to have an issue with.

But since I know that another has used an amex and also doesn't have a refund, that makes me feel a bit better, at least I know this appears to still be normal.

I got my refund email Nov 26th - and I've been checking my AMEX balance almost daily, and still no refund. I'll give it another day or so, then send an email of to Open Pandora Ltd.

Yeah I got my email November 29, but no refund into my amex account. Just to make sure, refunds should appear in the online "recent activity" section right?

That's where I have been checking and I as well haven't received the refund yet.

No amex refund for me either. I'm trying to avoid bugging anyone at OP but this is getting a bit unsettling. It's also fairly difficult to sort through the BS and complaining to find the official updates. Is there any news on the CC fiasco since 9-Dec? I can't find anything definitive.

Have not received my refund on Amex yet either. I am in the US. Have been working with OpenPandora but they want me to email my CC# to them to investigate, which I'm not comfortable with (and calling the UK is pretty expensive, but I'm investigating Skype). I'll point this thread out to them as it appears to be a bigger issue than just me.

One of you guys certainly should email if the refund hasn't arrived after 3 weeks. I agree you should never send your card number over email - they didn't ought to need it if you reply to your original order confirmation email. maybe Chip will see this and assist...

TaG said:
One of you guys certainly should email if the refund hasn't arrived after 3 weeks.
As of today, it's been over 3 weeks since I got my refund notification - but no refund. I guess it's time to send them an email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't got mine either, I'll let Zilt follow for it, I don't think sending them 5 e-mails for the same CC is going to help, I imagine the problem is universal across this card since everyone appears to be having it that used one.

Sigh. Still no refund. I sure hope I get the refund before the reorder page goes live. Though, I may have to pay via bank transfer

Same boat here. Got my email on December 5th, no refund yet. I'm not terribly worried yet, as they did say that the banks were being quite leisurely with processing the refunds. Nonetheless, hopefully it gets done soon.

Xanas said:
I still haven't got mine either, I'll let Zilt follow for it, I don't think sending them 5 e-mails for the same CC is going to help, I imagine the problem is universal across this card since everyone appears to be having it that used one.
Yup - it seems to be. I sent an email earlier today about it and got a reply back from Debs at OpenPandora Ltd asking for my amex number. I've sent it off to her and she's going to track down where the refund is. I expect I'll hear back in the morning, so I'll update then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out your first Skype call is free (otherwise it wouldn't let me add less than $10 of funds to my account!) so I left a message with my Amex number, which Debs confirmed she received. She said she'd get back to me when she could but added that it takes a while to deal with this bank.

We'll see.

Well - it's been 2 days since I sent Debs my amex account number and she acknowledge receiving it and I haven't heard anything back yet (I thought it'd only take a day). So, it's now been 18 business days (almost 3.5 weeks) since I was notified Nov 26th that my refund would arrive in a few days. Hopefully, I'll get an update on Monday...

Back