Possible Ports Of Independent Games

Julius said:
Personally I don't think bombarding the developers with email is going to help very much. This is really more of a thing where the developers of the Pandora have to contact them "business to business".

Especially in the case of Introversion I think the best would be if CraigiX would take a working prototype with him and just visit the guys (since they are in the UK too).
Yes, it would probably be the best, if craig+co did this, but to me it seems like they have other priorities at the moment. So, if we want indy games for startup, we should get active ourselves. The more of us ask, the higher is the chance they get interest and react. As soon as they say, "Heck, yes, just send me a pandora and I will try my best", our job is done and we can alarm craig+co. I don't think any dev will say "No, I won't do it because so many people from your community asked me for this."
benjymous said:
Phun would probably really struggle on the pandora, as it barely runs on my 1.6ghz machine at home :(
(Runs nicely on my work PC though, so I agree it'd be a fun toy to use the touchscreen!)
Phun can easily push every modern computer to it's limits. It's a matter of how hard you try. As long as you avoid big amounts of fluids and such things, phun should work well on pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gut the first response:
Josiah Pisciotta from chronologic answered to my "request" of porting Gish to Pandora.

Hello Conso,

Thanks for the information, I will look into Pandora and see if that would be a real possibility.

Josiah

Josiah Pisciotta
Chronic Logic LLC
www.chroniclogic.com

You see? Asking won't hurt anybody. Make some noise! :ph34r:

We should lobby for a port of Fez to the Pandora. Since it hasn't been released yet, then it would be great if we could get a simultaneous release with any other system it came out on when it finally does get released.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
We should lobby for a port of Fez to the Pandora. Since it hasn't been released yet, then it would be great if we could get a simultaneous release with any other system it came out on when it finally does get released.
Hmm... can't find a way to contact the dev's. They don't even have a dedicated page for fez.

conso said:
God Ginrai said:
Hmm... can't find a way to contact the dev's. They don't even have a dedicated page for fez.

I found the official thread for the game created by the developer. You could either post in that thread or e-mail/pm/ the guy

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=354.0

I would KILL to have this game on Pandora.

Also another game that I would LOVE to see is Cortex Command. Although I'm unsure as to if it could run on Pandora.

http://www.datarealms.com/games.php

This probably explains the game the best
instructions.gif

not to mention the physics!
rocketboom.gif

EDIT: Finally, one more that I think would be badass

Card Sagas Wars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0w3NqfwE0

please at least watch that video on youtube, it really does the game justice.

Its very similar to super smash bros, and has characters from different game franchises

(Some quick ones I saw in the video are, Samus, Master Cheif, Bowser, X, Link, Cloud, Ivy, Link, Chun Li, etc)

Card Saga Wars won't happen anytime soon, because I'm almost certain it's a MUGEN game.

2 other games that would be well worth it to ask the dev to port would be Noitu Love and Noitu Love 2.

EDIT: Told ya:

Card Saga Wars FAQ said:
Q: What is Card Sagas Wars?(CSW for short)
A: It's a fangame for PC created by Ahruon and Orkimedes using M.U.G.E.N., a freeware program to create 2D fighter games.
-God Ginrai

I found the email for the the guy a kloonigames.com. I have yet been able to get ahold of him as of yet. But I will keep trying.

Meanwhile, another game I would like to see would be Magic Ball 3. I got the game awhile back from GiveawayoftheDay.com a one of their daily special offers. And the game it's self is from Alaware Games. It was a awesome breakout style game with a twist. And played it alot. (Better than the 2 "Magic Ball" game's that came before it.) Unfortunately, I lost the registration for it when I had to fully restore my PC a few months ago. Link: http://www.alawar.com/game/magic-ball-3/

screenshot:
magic-ball-3-screenshot0.jpg

I'm going to try and contact Alawar about a Possible pandora port of Magic Ball 3

I Just sent an e-mail to the developer of Fez, and he quickly responded back.

hey killer,

pandora looks awesome!
while im all for that kind of custom hardware and open source mentality, fact is fez is still in its infancy.
we're not even done with pre-prod yet. while we have plans to port the mother version to a bunch of platforms eventually, right now our only focus is figuring out, and making our game.

but i doubt the main version would run on a portable. the game is a lot more demanding than it looks. at the moment, anyway. so yeah, it's just too early to think about that stuff now.

but thanks a lot for the interest. means a lot.

Sorry guys, looks like a no go for right.

Soulkiller said:
Also another game that I would LOVE to see is Cortex Command. Although I'm unsure as to if it could run on Pandora.

http://www.datarealms.com/games.php

Cool, so that is what became of D.I.R.T.
I think I found out about the GP2X from this guy's website, actually. He was planning to port it to GP2X once Allegro etc... was ported. That might have actually influenced my purchasing decision. I guess it never made it. I guess the Gp2x didn't have the horsepower, but someone should make him aware about the Pandora's existence, since he seems to be somewhat in the know of the scene...

conso said:
Just gut the first response:
Josiah Pisciotta from chronologic answered to my "request" of porting Gish to Pandora.

Hello Conso,

Thanks for the information, I will look into Pandora and see if that would be a real possibility.

Josiah
Josiah Pisciotta
Chronic Logic LLC
www.chroniclogic.com

You see? Asking won't hurt anybody. Make some noise! :ph34r:

chroniclogic have a few good suitable games, like tactics and trash. Check thier site out.

Sweet, updated response from Fez developer, so its not completly out of the question, but right now its a no go.

hey im not saying it's never gonna happen.
we own our own IP so as far as im concerned i can do whatever the hell i want with it.
and that could include relasing it on an open platform.
but yeah, waaaay too busy right now with actyao making a bunch of games and organizing events.

best of luck with the platform, it looks awesome.

I did just send an e-mail out to the makers of cortex command so hopefully we'll get a response from them soon. Feel free to send your own e-mail as well, more is better!

Soulkiller said:
I Just sent an e-mail to the developer of Fez, and he quickly responded back.

hey killer,

pandora looks awesome!
while im all for that kind of custom hardware and open source mentality, fact is fez is still in its infancy.
we're not even done with pre-prod yet. while we have plans to port the mother version to a bunch of platforms eventually, right now our only focus is figuring out, and making our game.

but i doubt the main version would run on a portable. the game is a lot more demanding than it looks. at the moment, anyway. so yeah, it's just too early to think about that stuff now.

but thanks a lot for the interest. means a lot.
Sorry guys, looks like a no go for right.

Thanks, Soulkiller.
I also send him an email, but he didn't respond so far. Well... doesn't matter :)
Would be a nice thing in the future, eventually :D

Looks like finally some guys here start acting. I'm really pleased to see.

As I saw this magic-ball-3 I had to think of fizzball.
Maybe we can get grubby games interested? I'll ask them :D

icurafu said:
chroniclogic have a few good suitable games, like tactics and trash. Check thier site out.
I guess Gish and Pontifex have better chances, since those are the ones that already have linux-ports. If they really start porting those and they sell well... maybe that would be even a reason to port tactics and trash to pandora and linux-x86.

Very Good news guys, I got an e-mail back from the creators of Cortex Command. And it seems he's interested!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the heads up! I came across the Pandora project only a few weeks ago and we are looking forward to it hitting the market. We were just going to wait and see when we can get an end-user version and play with it, but now that you mention there’s interest in having at-launch games ready, we might look into getting started earlier.

Our porting guy just completed a universal binary Mac port of Cortex Command, so I’m guessing it would be easy enough to get it ported to Pandora as well. At first glance it seems the hardware should be able to handle it.

So, the only question is how and when can we get a devkit in our hands to get started?

- Dan Tabar

Data Realms, LLC

PS, I also sent a notice out to a private mailing list of indie game devs about the project, so many of the developers mentioned in your forum thread now know about you too ;)

I'm going to point him over here to the forums and tell him the people to start talking to (craig,mweston,evildragon,etc) as I know people have trouble contacting the devs (pm inbox is full, doesn't respond to e-mail) If any moderator see's this please be anticipating this guy and try and get craig or any other person who can give out a dev version to talk to him.

Careful though, don't make it sound like your a fanboy or they'll just ignore you. I tried to remain fairly professional when I asked them

Back