Possible Addition Of The Gemei A320 To These Boards.

Do you want another non - GPH console on the boards?

• I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and would like it to have its own section on the GP32X forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and do not think it belongs in GP32X.

• I am not getting an A320, but think it should have a section in these forums.

• I am not getting an A320, and do not think it should be in these forums.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we can clearly see that the battery life bit was just marketing mumbo jumbo

'PoisonedV' said:
well we can clearly see that the battery life bit was just marketing mumbo jumbo
A600 has tested the battery life to 8-9 hours. The post at dingoo-digital.com (unofficial site), it seems, is from someone who used it uncharged, straight from the box. I can confirm from personal use it runs a lot longer than 2 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really need its own section? How long do you think they'll keep manufacturing it? I propose that we make a SuperJoystick section too, but that's for other reasons.

It's ironic the amount of resistance to putting up a section for the Dingoo A320 since this thread has created a lot of buzz in the last week on a board that has been in limbo for months. Two sections are devoted to devices that are not yet available. Two more are set aside to units that are no longer manufactured.

'DisgruntleElf' said:
It's ironic the amount of resistance to putting up a section for the Dingoo A320 since this thread has created a lot of buzz in the last week on a board that has been in limbo for months. Two sections are devoted to devices that are not yet available. Two more are set aside to units that are no longer manufactured.
great post but thats not really a good point.

'PoisonedV' said:
'DisgruntleElf' said:
great post but thats not really a good point.

Reads more like an observation than a point.

Of course it deserves its own forum.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again the Pandora zealots tell us that nothing can compare to the Pandora, that there is no single device which does anything the Pandora does.
This device ticks many of the boxes.

The only possible reason for keeping these forums GPH only, was to ensure that the scene remained undiluted.
Well between the Pandora and the Wiz thats already happened, so the addition of another format can't be argued against using this point. (Especially since the absurdly early insistance that the Pandora was coming out immenenantly and being beamed directly into the buyers hands by the starship enterprise one week after payment was a kick to the nuts of the GP2x scene).

This device is ACTUALLY OUT NOW. People could be developing for it right now. More to the point, people who just want a portable media player/emulator could find out about it, and buy one of those instead of waiting on the Wiz or Pandora.
If just a couple of people get a device which better suits them then its worthwhile.

The Gemei 760 and 760+ had a pretty long life span for a chinese PMP, no reason to assume this wont either.

If the arguament is that members of the GP2x scene are members of the Pandoa scene, then surely this has a place, the secound members of the GP2x scene become interested in it?

The only reason to block this, is tht the Wiz and the Pandora are not coming out for ages. And the end is so far off that any possible distraction or competition to these two formats could adversly affect the fledgling scenes, but to be honest, that would just be poetic justice.

I really can't see why anyone would argue against its inclusion, its not a competitor, its a boost to the open source scene, they aren't in competition, they're aimed at other sides of the market (This isn't true, but I've heard it carted out for the Pandora a few times so I figure I can use it too :D)

It should have its own section because it's out now. And it's not similair to any PMP. I don't know of any other PMP with nearly perfect GBA emulation, a fast cpu (400Mhz) and a SDK.

This device is -like the gp2x and the wiz- more a open source console than a PMP, plus it has a SDK.
That's what makes the difference in my opinion.
GP32X is a homebrew open source community which goes great together with this device. This device has everything the GP2X had, plus more.

The fact that it's not related to GPH is not a good statement, because GP32, GP2X and Pandora are all from different companies.

The fact that it's chinese is not a good statement either, because it's very well made (no cheap chinese plastic). The button lay-out is nice (unlike the JXD).
By saying it will be out of production soon you are not giving the device a chance at all. If the sales go well, it would be stupid to stop producing. As far as I know, Dingoo made games before releasing this console. I assume they wanted their own system to release more games for. I don't think they will drop this system, and release something new any time soon, like all those lame chinese PMP's out there. This is not just another crappy PMP. But of course, these are only speculations.

But I agree that with the Chinese, you never know what you're gonna get (no offense) :p

'Orkie' said:
'Patch' said:
I'm a little surprised to see Orkie not happy as this is just like the JXD but much improved.
People were all for the jxd but it turned out we never got it fully 'open' and the company stopped making it.
And when did I want a JXD 301 forum on here? I seem to recall using #bfdev, the bfdev wiki and mp4nation.net. I would rather you not use me in this argument: I have stated my position and I don't need nor appreciate others trying to tell me what I should be thinking.

That wasn't a swipe, or intended to offend. I never suggested you wanted a jxd forum. I have never tried to tell you what to think either.
Your name and posts were included in some the more interesting jxd 301 posts across a few of the boards I gleam info from.
In fact I only used your name as I thought it might lead to an interesting and informed reply.
My mistake. :)

i like these forums and it would be nice to have an A320 forum here.

the main reasons i would like a forum here and not somewhere else is that this place is pretty stable (not counting the weird ' bug), has good moderators and most people interested in developing for handhelds with open SDKs already go here.

'Orkie' said:
I am just sick of people trying to draw me into fights.
*looks at Orkies avatar* :ph34r:

maxSteiner:
Of course it deserves its own forum.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again the Pandora zealots tell us that nothing can compare to the Pandora, that there is no single device which does anything the Pandora does.
This device ticks many of the boxes.
Oh my god please don't try to compare this device to the pandora. Wiz I can understand but its apples and oranges.
The only possible reason for keeping these forums GPH only, was to ensure that the scene remained undiluted.
Well between the Pandora and the Wiz thats already happened,
Wow you know I always though the wiz WAS a gph console. guess i was wrong. so the addition of another format can't be argued against using this point. (Especially since the absurdly early insistance that the Pandora was coming out immenenantly and being beamed directly into the buyers hands by the starship enterprise one week after payment was a kick to the nuts of the GP2x scene).
lmao hyperboles are sooper funny lmao u fukken funny bro
This device is ACTUALLY OUT NOW. People could be developing for it right now. More to the point, people who just want a portable media player/emulator could find out about it, and buy one of those instead of waiting on the Wiz or Pandora.
So? Theres nothing stopping you from doing that. Start making threads about it already. you also have way too much contempt for the wiz and pandora for whatever reason.
If just a couple of people get a device which better suits them then its worthwhile.

The Gemei 760 and 760+ had a pretty long life span for a chinese PMP, no reason to assume this wont either.

If the arguament is that members of the GP2x scene are members of the Pandoa scene, then surely this has a place, the secound members of the GP2x scene become interested in it?
There are many, many consoles that people here are interested and are commonly talked about. So, the second a member is interested in a console isn't a valid reason for something to be included.
The only reason to block this, is tht the Wiz and the Pandora are not coming out for ages. And the end is so far off that any possible distraction or competition to these two formats could adversly affect the fledgling scenes, but to be honest, that would just be poetic justice.
They are both 'likely' to come out within 3 months. You can argue that they will be delayed again, but there is much more evidence and huge likeliness that this will happen than before. This will allow the a320 2 or 3 months to get off the ground, at which point it loses its audience here and its all directed towards the wiz and pandora, and its all for nothing.
I really can't see why anyone would argue against its inclusion, its not a competitor, its a boost to the open source scene, they aren't in competition, they're aimed at other sides of the market (This isn't true, but I've heard it carted out for the Pandora a few times so I figure I can use it too :D)
Not quite, two wrongs don't make a right, especially when the first wrong isn't so. The Pandora was quibbled over because hardcore gph fans didnt want the wiz to get put in the shadows of the Pandora. Of course, people who would buy Wiz and Pandora WERE totally different markets. one is closer to a pda, umpc type thing, powerful, premium, and high priced, while wiz is small form factor and considerably cheaper. the a320 shares much of the same market as the wiz.

'PoisonedV' said:
the a320 shares much of the same market as the wiz.
Indeed, with a supposedly better battery life and a button layout that isn't made up of a split d-pad.

I'm on both ends, honestly. Since I bought a unit I'd love to see support for it here, increasing the likelihood properly optimized emulators appear on the device.

On the other hand, I do not want to see a fragmented developer community where one device has this authors attention and one device has another. That'll be a complete mess.

That being said, I don't think it'll make a huge load of difference either way. I think what is going to happen at the end of all this will happen whether the board is added or not. a320 succeeds, develops a good community etc, or it dies an obscure death, and no one talks about it within 5 months.

Same goes for the gp32x community as a whole...between the Wiz and the Pandora I still worry one device will get support over the other. In the end the Pandora is probably the safest bet, but it's also the most expensive one.

well, i dont really see any reason NOT to add it but I dont really see a reason to do it. I dont think if it is added it will actually used and it will be an eyesore on the forums and just a general nuisance

'PoisonedV' said:
I dont think if it is added it will actually used and it will be an eyesore on the forums and just a general nuisance
I mean worst case scenario that happens, at which point we just delete it.

I feel like it wouldn't even need (or be worth it) to have all the sub-forums the other guys do. All that's really needed is a general & a dev forum. This way those who want it get their forum, and those who don't want to deal with it don't have much to scroll past.

'PoisonedV' said:
I dont think if it is added it will actually used and it will be an eyesore on the forums and just a general nuisance
I don't see you making a fuss about the half-a-dozen sub-forums here that haven't been posted to since last year.

I think it's better to have all open devices of this nature here on this forum where we can share devs, information, ports, news, ideas etc.

We need to embrace all open devices right now, the bigger our open user base the better.

No one wins niche console wars. We need to unite and crush the closed handhelds! CRUSH THEM.

'craigix' said:
I think it's better to have all open devices of this nature here on this forum where we can share devs, information, ports, news, ideas etc.

We need to embrace all open devices right now, the bigger our open user base the better.

No one wins niche console wars. We need to unite and crush the closed handhelds! CRUSH THEM.
That is the million dollar question though, will it make our user base larger or merely fragment the one we already have???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back