Possible Addition Of The Gemei A320 To These Boards.

Do you want another non - GPH console on the boards?

• I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and would like it to have its own section on the GP32X forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and do not think it belongs in GP32X.

• I am not getting an A320, but think it should have a section in these forums.

• I am not getting an A320, and do not think it should be in these forums.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
'PoisonedV' said:
the a320 shares much of the same market as the wiz.[/color]
180 $ compared to 80 $

If it were really similar would anybody spend 100 $ more ??

Last edited by a moderator:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
180 $ compared to 80 $

They wouldnt. Thats sorta the point.

'craigix' said:
I think it's better to have all open devices of this nature here on this forum where we can share devs, information, ports, news, ideas etc.

We need to embrace all open devices right now, the bigger our open user base the better.

No one wins niche console wars. We need to unite and crush the closed handhelds! CRUSH THEM.

I thought you said we weren't competing against the PSP/DS.

'Auritribe' said:
That is the million dollar question though, will it make our user base larger or merely fragment the one we already have???

Right now it seems to only be fragmenting it.

'Username' said:
'craigix' said:
I think it's better to have all open devices of this nature here on this forum where we can share devs, information, ports, news, ideas etc.

We need to embrace all open devices right now, the bigger our open user base the better.

No one wins niche console wars. We need to unite and crush the closed handhelds! CRUSH THEM.

I thought you said we weren't competing against the PSP/DS.

'Auritribe' said:
That is the million dollar question though, will it make our user base larger or merely fragment the one we already have???

Right now it seems to only be fragmenting it.

Hell...even if the open handhelds 'won' or even came close to 'crushing' the closed competition, the big companies would go crying to the ESA and then theyd bitch and whine and lobby and ruin the whole operation anyway.

Id rather keep things right where they are.

'craigix' said:

+1
'Auritribe' said:
if everything is in one place how could it fragment it? We'd see more code sharing & cross-platform apps & whatnot from devs because they only have to go to one forum to keep current with all of them instead of multiple ones where others from the scene might not even be there. Also saves the end user from having to register at multiple forums & get stuff from multiple sources. I think craigix' veiw of 'us vs. the world' is a good way to look at it. If we fight amongst ourselves we all loose.

'Consequence9' said:
'craigix' said:

+1
'Auritribe' said:
if everything is in one place how could it fragment it? We'd see more code sharing & cross-platform apps & whatnot from devs because they only have to go to one forum to keep current with all of them instead of multiple ones where others from the scene might not even be there. Also saves the end user from having to register at multiple forums & get stuff from multiple sources. I think craigix' veiw of 'us vs. the world' is a good way to look at it. If we fight amongst ourselves we all loose.

This is only assuming every developer also has every system and is willing to dedicate time to it. Or rather...theres enough developers with enough time to keep up to date with the ports.

Still...these are issues that really wont be affected by the choice of a forum addition anyway. As Ive said above..for better or worse the outcome will probably be the same.

I personally dont care if it gets added or not. I just want to enjoy my games and posting here passes time.

edit: actually...as a future owner of the a320, I obviously want the forum added. Im just stating my observations and worries about the community as a whole.

'Auritribe' said:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
180 $ compared to 80 $

For the hardware OpenGL, EXT port, OLED screen, better volume controls and full-sized SD support, I would, and am :)

I agree that they share the same market though, just different ends of it.

'fishybawb' said:
'Auritribe' said:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
180 $ compared to 80 $

For the hardware OpenGL, EXT port, OLED screen, better volume controls and full-sized SD support, I would, and am :)

I agree that they share the same market though, just different ends of it.

I am too...I just dont know about everyone else... :p

'PoisonedV' said:
I know it will fail.

ORLY? That's some foresight ya got there....

anyways, i hope it'll get added, craig seems content enough to get it done though.

I'd actually really like a Wiz as well (if that screen-tearing thing gets taken care of). Should be ordering an A320 tonight, can't wait to see what it can do.

'PoisonedV' said:
I don't really care either way cause I know it will fail.
If you want to live your life being overtly negative, good luck to you. From experience, I know that being consistently negative for no apparent reason will only close doors for you in life. Being positive opens doors. I'd like this community to open its doors to the A-320, as I think it's a fantastic handheld. I want more people to play with it, develop for it, and have fun with it as much as I do. Long live the Dingoo.

I'm glad there are others that feel that the dingoo AND others should be added. I think the best way to do it, would be to have 'other consoles' top forum and dingoo general, dingoo dev subforums. And clean up the gp32 forums. This is also important for the future of the forum. With all the delays this place is quite quiet and I'd rather not see quietness transform in to terminal stillness/death. The forum is in an unique place to be a central place for open source gaming handhelds, which should be a growing market and provide us all with toys, hacking and joy for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back