Possible Addition Of The Gemei A320 To These Boards.

Do you want another non - GPH console on the boards?

• I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and would like it to have its own section on the GP32X forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and do not think it belongs in GP32X.

• I am not getting an A320, but think it should have a section in these forums.

• I am not getting an A320, and do not think it should be in these forums.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Peter R' said:
No, I understand that there are Pandora fanboys on this site though.
They mostly just degenerated GP2X players, that always losers. One of them by the name "pandora" now is asking to add some junky mp4 player to make it against gp2x community. He/She gonna burn in ... map30

Last edited by a moderator:
^ wtf? You havnt noticed by now that Im against the A320 on these boards?

Peter: Are you calling me a Pandora 'fanboy'? I couldn't be less of one. Your post means nothing, and my point still stands.

Edit: I realize now that you think I was defending the Pandora. I wasnt, I really wish it had its own forums aswell. I'm against it. As you said, I tolerate it.

Honestly, the best argument against having an A320 section on the boards is the fact that, like all Chinese MP4 players, it will likely be discontinued in a few months and replaced by another generic MP4 player. That is the way of things.

'pandora' said:

Peter: Are you calling me a Pandora 'fanboy'? I couldn't be less of one. Your post means nothing, and my point still stands.

Edit: I realize now that you think I was defending the Pandora. I wasnt, I really wish it had its own forums aswell. I'm against it. As you said, I tolerate it.
You sound like a preteen fangirl more alike :p

And where you keep your ONE "point"??? Is this a G-point?

If you tolerate GP2x here then you should tolerate A320, seeing as they are both non-Gamepark consoles.

'pandora' said:

quasist is a dumbass and a troll, but you can't tell hes a troll because hes just so dumb. you should leave him be.

'Goity' said:
If you tolerate GP2x here then you should tolerate A320, seeing as they are both non-Gamepark consoles.

Haha, nice. Hadn't thought of it that way.

Once again we should be weighing the pros & cons of the A320 compared to similar devices, as there are valid points on each side.

Pros:
-SDK available
-stupendous battery life
-high manufacturing quality (comparatively, especially since this is a pretty big issue with most other devices)
-a PROPER d-pad & control sceme (another huge one, this is what really sets the A320 apart)
-form factor
-pricing & availability (sure you can get other mp4 players for cheap with gaming capabilities, but once again controls & form factor come into play)
-full of potential

Cons:
-is still a chinese mp4 player (& thus the common gripes apply)
-is not a Gamepark system
-possibly undermines the Wiz

Counter-Cons (IMO):
-Is a rarity amongst chinese mp4s in that the build quality is much better than average
-Very similar to the gamepark handhelds in many ways, mainly in that it is an asian built handheld with great potential
-Those who want the wiz will probably still want the wiz. It is still more powerful & offers more features than the A320. The markets are different.

I just don't understand why some people are ruling it out entirely. And they've yet to address the whole 'how does it affect you in any meaningful way' thing.

IMO there are many parallels to be drawn here, as well as some other added benefits. Adding it to the forums would be a matter of convenience for those of us who have/want one, but how is it inconvenient to those who don't? Hell put it at the way bottom of the page for all I care, that way you'll never even have to see it.

I'd like to also address the point that production may cease before it can gain a following: Adding it to the forums may actually help with that. If craig is in contact with them & says 'look, there is already a market for this' & points them to the forum I'm sure they won't pass up on an opportunity to make more money. It might also get them interested in developing successors or other similar devices in the future. Would Gamepark(+/-Holdings) have developed successors if there had been no market for the GP32 or the GP2X? probably not.

Exposure is everything, and the more devices running homebrew & the like the merrier. The more stuff out there the likelier the chance will be that that 1/100,000 person curious about homebrew finds his way to the scene. AFAIC this is just one more thing for the whiners to whine about.

I support including a320 to these forums, but I have to admit that is direct competitor to the Wiz. It only has the touchscreen and OLED going for it, compared to this half-the-price machine. Hell, it gets beat totally on the battery front and its future potential doesn't look all that good. But still, we're in my opinion a floss/homebrew and emus for handhelds site and adding the best mp4 player isn't that horrible. The main problem is stability, because these seem to be pumped out on a constant basis it wouldn't take that long for the forum to be outdated. Perhaps there could be some solution to this? Or we could just do overkill and add forums for all the new machines. I don't think that's a good solution though.

I totally agree with Consequence9
And see more pros than cons so it should have a section :) :) ( especially agree that anyway everybody will still want the Wiz :) :) )

Edit: I don't agree klikklak the Wiz is much better faster has the EXT port ,, USB host ,, full SD and will probably have a cardle and OLED touchscreen is a big - for me because the OLED is getting dark faster ( But I could stand it ) but because of that it is a touchscreen it is deeper than the rest of the case and I love when the front is flat/plate ( You can clean it easier and generally looks lovely :) :) ( like PSP/A320 ) )

Edit: mistakes in English

anyone got any links to follow for this device, ive tried following those ruddy chinese forums but i cant understand a thing :p

i may add a section at dcemu, looks a great little console to me

Would be great to have this section on either of this forum but personally would prefer to have it on gp23x ..

'Patch' said:
I'm a little surprised to see Orkie not happy as this is just like the JXD but much improved.
People were all for the jxd but it turned out we never got it fully 'open' and the company stopped making it.
And when did I want a JXD 301 forum on here? I seem to recall using #bfdev, the bfdev wiki and mp4nation.net. I would rather you not use me in this argument: I have stated my position and I don't need nor appreciate others trying to tell me what I should be thinking.

'klikklak' said:
I support including a320 to these forums, but I have to admit that is direct competitor to the Wiz. It only has the touchscreen and OLED going for it, compared to this half-the-price machine. Hell, it gets beat totally on the battery front and its future potential doesn't look all that good. But still, we're in my opinion a floss/homebrew and emus for handhelds site and adding the best mp4 player isn't that horrible. The main problem is stability, because these seem to be pumped out on a constant basis it wouldn't take that long for the forum to be outdated. Perhaps there could be some solution to this? Or we could just do overkill and add forums for all the new machines. I don't think that's a good solution though.
On the A320 vs. Wiz: Like I said, those who wanted a Wiz to begin with probably won't be swayed by the fact that this little guy exists. It's not like they'd be oblivious to it's existence by now either, especially coming from this scene. Both machines have different selling points. The Wiz has that GORGEOUS OLED screen, with touch nonetheless, which is a good enough reason alone to get one IMO. It's much more powerful (ie. PSX in pocket) & no other handheld offers an alternative for that atm in such a small form factor. The A320 on the other hand I see as a much more casual device, something small that one can whip out at a moment's notice to play some sonic or something much less intensive than what the Wiz is capable of.

Oh, and I found this great blog on the dingoo:
-http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/

EDIT: oops, looks like we got beat to the punch anyway, check out the forums on this site. Looks like there's already some homebrew goin on.
-http://www.dingoo-digital.com/

even though i dont want it added, that shitty website/forum isn't really a point against creating one here

'Consequence9' said:
something small that one can whip out at a moment's notice
:|

www.dingoo-digital.com/content/battery-life

:/ I thought battery life was one of this things' fortés

It is, but some people feel the need for it to have its own section (it would indeed get more attention).

'PoisonedV' said:
even though i dont want it added, that shitty website/forum isn't really a point against creating one here

true, they don't seem to be very active =/
'PoisonedV' said:
'Consequence9' said:
something small that one can whip out at a moment's notice
:|

lol,

@pandora and PoisonedV

As far as I can see, none of those have a proper cross-type dpad, proper gaming controls (ABXY and LR shoulder buttons), a battery life of 8-9 hours (-www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=44817&st=90#), and I suspect that most of them (from experience) do not have good build quality, an easy to use english GUI, and a public SDK.

I doubt that people went through your list when answering the poll, but I did. And I wouldn't touch most of those devices with a 10-foot stick. Except for the solar powered one, mainly because it actually has a point of difference which I find interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back