Possible Addition Of The Gemei A320 To These Boards.

Do you want another non - GPH console on the boards?

• I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and would like it to have its own section on the GP32X forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a/plan on getting a Gemei A320, and do not think it belongs in GP32X.

• I am not getting an A320, but think it should have a section in these forums.

• I am not getting an A320, and do not think it should be in these forums.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Relating to recent talk in this topic: www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=44817&st=105
Please go there to find out more about the machine.

What do you think? Does a non - GPH product have place in these forums? Or should supporters make their own boards?

This qoute from fishybawb sums up my feelings quite well.

'fishybawb' said:
'pandora' said:
Anyone else agree with me apart from Orkie?
I agree. I dont think the Pandora should have piggybacked on to this forum either, but I cant remember a poll about that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just weigh the pros & cons:

Pros:
-A320 gets more exposure to existing devs
-gets more exposure to potential users/customers
-doesn't require migration to a new forum where many of the members will be the same
-won't require a new forum to be set up
-more convenient to have similar consoles in one place

Cons:
-Non-GPH console in a GPH forum
... Can't really think of much else...

I fail to see how it affects anyone negatively if it is allowed it's own section here. I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't have any interest in it just don't visit it's section, no harm no foul. This gamepark purism is stupid.

If you tolerate the Pandora here but wouldn't tolerate the A320 then you are being a hypocrite as they are both non GPH consoles.

'fishybawb' said:
Anyone else agree with me apart from Orkie?
I agree. I dont think the Pandora should have piggybacked on to this forum either, but I cant remember a poll about that :)
Yeah, but the developers of the Pandora are actively present here and this is (partly) where it started. I don't see any of the A320 people here. I'm not saying it shouldn't have it's own section, but just because the Pandora (deservedly) has its own section doesn't mean the A320 needs one.
Edit: quotefail.

'Peter R' said:
If you tolerate the Pandora here but wouldn't tolerate the A320 then you are being a hypocrite as they are both non GPH consoles.
someones angry
na, the fact isnt that its not gph consoles. the reason why pandora is here is because the community of it is nearly entirely composed of gp2x people. the developers also post here and are friends with the admin, and have previously been involved anyway. its very relevant to the forums
a320 on the other hand is really just another mp4 player. it doesnt have a connection here. gp2x, in my opinion, was also just another run of the mill mp4 player if it wasnt for the great developers and people that surrounded it. so i can see the good and the bad of the a320 having a board, but i think its too early to even think about that yet. its not very popular at the moment

I would like to see it have its own section, you can't have too many consoles. :) The WIZ General Talk forum is pretty much a waste these days. Plus I"m getting one, I would like to see it have some support from the devs.

'Consequence9' said:
I fail to see how it affects anyone negatively if it is allowed it's own section here. I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't have any interest in it just don't visit it's section, no harm no foul. This gamepark purism is stupid.
Couldn't have said it better. I'm having great fun with my A320, I hope more and more devs from these forums unleash their talent with it, in the same way they've done with the GP32, GP2X, Pandora, etc.

To those who claim it's is just another PMP player, I fail to see another instance of where a proper d-pad, gaming buttons, excellent battery life, great usability and extendability have been combined in a PMP-like device. If you have, please let me know, and I will add it to my collection :)

'quartercast' said:
'Consequence9' said:
Couldn't have said it better. I'm having great fun with my A320, I hope more and more devs from these forums unleash their talent with it, in the same way they've done with the GP32, GP2X, Pandora, etc.

To those who claim it's is just another PMP player, I fail to see another instance of where a proper d-pad, gaming buttons, excellent battery life, great usability and extendability have been combined in a PMP-like device. If you have, please let me know, and I will add it to my collection :)

every other mp4 player is like that, and they all come built in with emulators and stuff like the a320. have you really looked at that many ofthese players? even the first search on google led me to things like this CODE
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/solar-powered-mp4-player-2gb-mobile-power-station/
and countless others like that and the a320

'quartercast' said:
Take your pick...

-mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_20&products_id=225
-mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=91
-szboerdun.diytrade.com/sdp/465886/4/pd/3692526.html
-cgi.ebay.ph/2-8-Inch-Screen-MP4-Player-2GB-Camera-NES-Emulator_W0QQitemZ250353695554QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_211?hash=item250353695554&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A833|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
-www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/mp4-game-player-2gb-game-pad-talking-ebook/
-www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/mp4-handheld-nes-emulator-24-inch-screen-av-out-2gb/
-www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/portable-media-player-pmp-with-video-music-games-and-camera/
-detail.en.china.cn/provide/detail,1076320780.html

That's just from 5 minuits searching, believe me, there are more.

And how does 'great usability and extendability' apply? Half these thing use the same fimware/software.

I don't know why do You want to stay with old consoles the developers of the A320 maybe just had luck but that doesn't change the fact that their console is awesome ,, it has nothing special but everything screwed to one peace look really nice and I think that they will make more models of consoles looking on the popularity of this one :) :)

Edit:
-mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_20&products_id=225 - it is almost the same as Dingoo becos the Ding is the 760+ model in other case :) :)

Generally even if there would be many more the Dingoo is like and just say why is there such a interest in the Dingoo if there are so many "the same " MP4 players ??

I agree with :
Pickle and Peter R

Edit2:
-mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_27&products_id=91
no build in memory

'Orange Pumpkin' said:
I don't know why do You want to stay with old consoles the developers of the A320 maybe just had luck but that doesn't change the fact that their console is awesome ,, it has nothing special but everything screwed to one peace look really nice and I think that they will make more models of consoles looking on the popularity of this one :) :)
so, in your logic why shouldnt all of the mp4 players weve listed dont get their own section? and 'staying with th old consoles' would make sense, since thats waht the forum started as and are still (sort of) based on

'Username' said:
Yeah, but the developers of the Pandora are actively present here and this is (partly) where it started. I don't see any of the A320 people here. I'm not saying it shouldn't have it's own section, but just because the Pandora (deservedly) has its own section doesn't mean the A320 needs one.
Yep, as I said in the other thread, the Pandora stems off from the GPH consoles, it was made as an alternative, and was designed by this community.

Happy now Peter? Understand the difference?

Just to add my two cents, I would hate to see the GP32 sections retired/pulled... mind you I'm probably the only one who still plays it, reads through certain parts of those sections and occasionally still works on projects for it...

gp32_console FTW!

So tell me why aren't there any other proposition to put an a device on this forum ?? ( I think that's because the Dingoo is really well made ( maybe just luck ) )

'Orange Pumpkin' said:
So tell me why aren't there any other proposition to put an a device on this forum ?? ( I think that's because the Dingoo is really well made ( maybe just luck ) )
because craig started to sell it. other than that its only been mentioned 1 or 2 times. why dont we have nokia forum since they are mentioned 24/7, or several other devices (some of which dont already have communities) that are frequently talked about?

This is the first console which has the power, screen, buttons (shoulder buttons!! for snes!! Finally......) and open sdk.
Its cheap and even looks nice.
I'm a little surprised to see Orkie not happy as this is just like the JXD but much improved.
People were all for the jxd but it turned out we never got it fully 'open' and the company stopped making it.
Emulators and home brew are why I check these forums every day.
The a320 offers cheap emulators.
It will offer homebrew too if it gets a forum on these boards. Hopefully :D

'Patch' said:
This is the first console which has the power, screen, buttons (shoulder buttons!! for snes!! Finally......) and open sdk.
Its cheap and even looks nice.
I'm a little surprised to see Orkie not happy as this is just like the JXD but much improved.
People were all for the jxd but it turned out we never got it fully 'open' and the company stopped making it.
Emulators and home brew are why I check these forums every day.
The a320 offers cheap emulators.
It will offer homebrew too if it gets a forum on these boards. Hopefully :D
ok, well, you get me on the SDK front (but not the other ones)

'pandora' said:
'Username' said:
Yep, as I said in the other thread, the Pandora stems off from the GPH consoles, it was made as an alternative, and was designed by this community.

Happy now Peter? Understand the difference?

No, I understand that there are Pandora fanboys on this site though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back