GP32 Porting All Of Flubba's Emus To Gp32

loki valhalla posted on Mar 2 2005 at 05:32 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 27 2005 at 05:30 AM said:
Plus FluBBa has the Dracula-X CD working on his emu.  Try THAT with GP-enngine.

Plus GP-engine has alot of other problems other than saves.  The Sprite in Bonk 2 is missing making it unplayable, Blazing lazers is Glitched out after the first boss, backgrounds are missing in R-TYPE, SGX games don't work, you have to run at FS1 (should easily be able to run at full speed at FS0) it is good but could be much better.
:blink: :eek: d... dracula x CD? bonk 2? *drools* if only some programming superhero could come and give such wonders to us humble gp owners...

The thing is that I heard that the PC-engine doesn't run full speed on the GBA. Plus the screen is cropped because of the low res. FluBBa owns a BLU so I can't figure out why he wouldn't want to run pc-engine on the gp32 full resolution, backlit, and fullspeed. He would rather compromise with sub par hardware when he has both. Oh well I guess the GP32 scene is not l337 enough to attract a big scene, if it was more popular some uber c0d3r would surely port these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dozer posted on Mar 11 2005 at 08:53 PM said:
But cds work because they cart is so fast. SMCs are too slow and we don't have enough ram to put the whole disc in I think.

I think they strip out all of the CD music. So you are left with the game and SFX. The GP32 could easily do it, SMCs are faster than single speed CDs by far for reading.

DaveC posted on Mar 12 2005 at 01:38 AM said:
But cds work because they cart is so fast. SMCs are too slow and we don't have enough ram to put the whole disc in I think.

I think they strip out all of the CD music. So you are left with the game and SFX. The GP32 could easily do it, SMCs are faster than single speed CDs by far for reading.

Or worst ways, Seeing as we have 8mb of ram compared to the gba`s pathetic 256kb, Couldn`t some of the 8mb be set aside as a buffer to preload levels etc.

Just a thought.

Trooper

trooper posted on Mar 12 2005 at 08:44 AM said:

Or worst ways, Seeing as we have 8mb of ram compared to the gba`s pathetic 256kb, Couldn`t some of the 8mb be set aside as a buffer to preload levels etc.

Just a thought.

Trooper

Probably, but since we don't have a coder that could code the emu it kind of doesn't matter ;)

DaveC posted on Mar 12 2005 at 09:54 AM said:
trooper posted on Mar 12 2005 at 08:44 AM said:

Just a thought.

Trooper

Probably, but since we don't have a coder that could code the emu it kind of doesn't matter ;)

I know :). I was just throwing darts at the dartboard as it were. :D

Trooper

Back