Flubba's Source Code For His Gba Emus Available

DaveC

Internal Development
According to a thread I read, Flubba says that all of the source code is available on his webpage for his GBA based emus. No I don't have a link he didn't give one, you'll have to google.

Is it possible to port these to the GP32? Because these were made real efficient for the limited clock speed of the GBA I would suspect they would run real good on the GP32. Probably at a lower clock speed on the GP32 than many of the current emus do, maybe even under 100 Mhz (saves lots of batteries). Plus his GBA PC-engine emu is l337 ! It has save states, supports CD images, etc.

Is porting from GBA hard?

Tidus posted on Aug 4 2004 at 06:20 PM said:
it would be sooooo lovely to get a port of PCEAdvance :rolleyes:
I second that. As good as GPEngine is, it would be super-fantastic to have CD support and save states.

Last edited by a moderator:
flubba has a GP32. If enough people ask him to port it mayhaps he will.

Lets not annoy the man lol. If he wants to do it he'll do it. Plus I recall reading that he's planning to take a look at gpengines source code as soon as it becomes available to him, so we may all be in luck.

triksR4rabits posted on Aug 4 2004 at 07:43 PM said:
Lets not annoy the man lol. If he wants to do it he'll do it.
Well said :)

Let the coders code in peace....

...one day you may look at the news to see an emu has been released... now wouldn't that be nice suprise rather than see a million threads on the same topic demanding an update...

coders have jobs and lives too ;)

pip posted on Aug 4 2004 at 09:12 PM said:
Just today in another thread he asked if someone could help him get in contact with black (the author of GPEngine) to ask him for the source code :)

Maybe Flubba will start working on his GP32 :)
Would be fantastic!

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 4 2004 at 09:31 PM said:
pip posted on Aug 4 2004 at 09:12 PM said:
Just today in another thread he asked if someone could help him get in contact with black (the author of GPEngine) to ask him for the source code :)

Maybe Flubba will start working on his GP32 :)
Would be fantastic!
Flubba unfortunately doesn't seem to be too interested in the GP32 for developement. He seems to like the GBA much better for some reason. He is active in the GBA boards and is always talking about GBA emu updates. This is much different than when Yoyo got his Zodiac. When Yoyo got the Zodiac all GP32 projects immediately went to the back burner and were delayed in favor of the Z. It seems like the GP32 is cought in the middle, not 1337 enough for the Z crowd and not popular/mainstream enough for the GBA crowd. Hopefully that will change though with the Euro release behind us.

Flubba doesn't post in any GP32 boards though which is not a good sign :( But since he made available his source code maybe someone could port some stuff. Who is left in the GP32 scene who could do it I wonder?

exactly, yet ;)
"I haven't compiled 1 line of code for GP32 yet, but I would like to give it a try."
and the fact that he asked in an irc chan for black- and he sent him an e-mail should get your hopes up a bit :)

btw does anyone know what happened to Reesy and his port of DrSMS? he said it was fullscreen, no sound and frameskip 0 fullspeed @ 66mhz, unfortunately he couldnt code in C and wasnt able to make a GUI :huh:

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 5 2004 at 07:03 AM said:
btw does anyone know what happened to Reesy and his port of DrSMS? he said it was fullscreen, no sound and frameskip 0 fullspeed @ 66mhz, unfortunately he couldnt code in C and wasnt able to make a GUI :huh:
Yes unfortunately his gp32_console is dead more details here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12754 . So if you can get someone to donate one or craigix maybe, than give him the message. I'm sure he would be interested.

DaveC posted on Aug 5 2004 at 05:28 AM said:
GPnator posted on Aug 4 2004 at 11:39 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 5 2004 at 12:15 AM said:
Flubba doesn't post in any GP32 boards though which is not a good sign  :(
so tell me whats that?!
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=13129
Ok I will re-phrase it to Flubba doesn't post to the GP32 boards very much.. yet.
:lol: he only signed up 2 days ago. 2 posts in 2 days is pretty good :p especially for a dev. Give him some time :p

kotd posted on Aug 5 2004 at 10:11 AM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 5 2004 at 05:28 AM said:
GPnator posted on Aug 4 2004 at 11:39 PM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 5 2004 at 12:15 AM said:
Flubba doesn't post in any GP32 boards though which is not a good sign  :(
so tell me whats that?!
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=13129
Ok I will re-phrase it to Flubba doesn't post to the GP32 boards very much.. yet.
:lol: he only signed up 2 days ago. 2 posts in 2 days is pretty good :p especially for a dev. Give him some time :p
No! I won't give him some time, I want 10 posts a day from him and all of his 1337 emus ported to the GP32 by next wednesday :D

Seriously though it will be interesting to see what happens. I hope he won't be too frustrated by the GP32s little quirks when coding. I know he mentioned fiddling with the Cyclone 68K ASM core too(he used to code ASM on the 1337 Amiga). If he and fDave got together and got the bugs out of that it would be HUGE. I remember fDave said that he has not been able to find what is causing the bugs.

I wish him luck, and welcome :)

He doesn't have any plans yet on coding for the GP32, but he'll let me know if / when he does.
I'll surely let you know as soon as I know more.

So let's hope :)

Back