Port Requests

@edgex004 : wxWidget should not be linked to glshim.
In codeblocks, there is nice tool to look at the dependancy, called, "elflibviewer", it will help you see what library as libGL as a dependancie.

Perfect, thanks. I must have linked it to wxLua somehow. Will investigate before uploading.

I looked quickly at Albert. It's using CMake as build system, and just need Qt 5.2. It should compile easily with latest codeblocks PND, but packaging may be a bit tricky...
I'll explain the packaging later, build-it first :)

I will try that and report back, thank you!

@directive0 : indeed, dmenu looks much smaller and easier to package.
The build system will probably be a bit less easiy but nothing fancy here.
To build it:
1. same first steps as before
2. type
Code:
git clone http://git.suckless.org/dmenu
cd dmenu
3. change the content of file "config.mk" with the one below (I already adapted it)
Code:
# dmenu version
VERSION = 4.6

# paths
PREFIX = /mnt/utmp/dmenu
MANPREFIX = ${PREFIX}/share/man

X11INC = /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include
X11LIB = /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib

# Xinerama, comment if you don't want it
XINERAMALIBS  = -lXinerama
XINERAMAFLAGS = -DXINERAMA

# freetype
FREETYPELIBS = -lfontconfig -lXft
FREETYPEINC = /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/freetype2
# OpenBSD (uncomment)
#FREETYPEINC = ${X11INC}/freetype2

# includes and libs
INCS = -I${X11INC} -I${FREETYPEINC}
LIBS = -L${X11LIB} -lX11 ${XINERAMALIBS} ${FREETYPELIBS}

# flags
CPPFLAGS = -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L -DVERSION=\"${VERSION}\" ${XINERAMAFLAGS}
CFLAGS   = -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Os ${INCS} ${CPPFLAGS}
LDFLAGS  = -s ${LIBS}

# compiler and linker
CC = cc
4. type
Code:
make
5. should build very quickly...

Packaging later...

Unfortunately after installing git through opkg git fails with "Fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly" when I try that clone command.. I'll try the codeblocks method next.

Maybe try one of the other clone addresses:

EDIT

If you are trying to clone albert, you can also maybe try cloning without https:

git clone git://github.com/ManuelSchneid3r/albert.git

Also, you can just download the repo in a zip from your web browser and then extract it wherever you want. After that, you can "cd" into that directory and follow ptitSeb's instructions from that point foward. If you take a look around the repositories, they both have options to download a zip of the latest snapshot.

I highly recommend you try out code::blocks command line. ptitSeb made it so basically all libs and compilers are ready to go as soon as you start it. wxLua compiled in 6 hours with little fuss. Both dmenu and Albert should be much quicker.

Last edited:
I already have packaged Albert as PND a few days ago, but there's a "little" problem.

preview1.png

You can search any program after you hit F12 or any other key you select after first start, but after you close the program launched, screen goes black after a few seconds.

Albert it's still in alpha state, but except the error mentioned above, it works fine.

Last edited:
Hi, yeah I understand now the reason you guys mentioned codeblocks CLI. I'll get codeblocks and try again.

I tried the alternate git URL and it managed to clone no problem, for whatever that is worth. Will report back later.

hi i want to compile XDRP
but have ever this Error:
Zwischenablage01.jpg

I tried to Google this Error and some People solved this..but i cannot get it to finish compile.
When i read the Infos right then i must add somewhere with g++ the "-ldl" but do not know where exactly.

Maybe someone of you can help me.
The User Raik asked me to compile a RDP Server for the Pandora because VNC ist too slow and i tried it but Error :(
He want to remote the Pandora Desktop ;)
https://github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp

@ingoreis , looks like an autotools build (I haven't checked, you looking at the screen shot).
In that case, when invoking "./configure", add
Code:
LIBS="-ldl"
at the end of the command
for example:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/xrdp LIBS="-ldl"
and it should do the trick.

oh it seem to compile now..thx :D
Information if it finished come soon..maybe i build a PND then :)

Edit:
it compiled...thx again :)

Last edited:
*edit sorry about the mess was posting from the pandora and it got jumbled.

Code:
Acanthus:/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/dmenu$ sudo make
dmenu build options:
CFLAGS   = -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -Os -I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include -I/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/include/freetype2 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L -DVERSION="4.6" -DXINERAMA
LDFLAGS  = -s -L/mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib -lX11 -lXinerama -lfontconfig -lXft
CC       = cc
creating config.h from config.def.h
CC dmenu.c
CC drw.c
CC util.c
CC -o dmenu
CC stest.c
stest.c: In function ���main���:
stest.c:86:15: warning: implicit declaration of function ���getline��� [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   while ((n = getline(&line, &linesiz, stdin)) > 0) {
               ^
CC -o stest

I managed to build dmenu and it gave me a couple errors but otherwise fine. I can run it but it doesn't do anything I can see.

Last edited:
Is it possibly drawing behind the task bar? Try moving or hiding that. Also, if you are launching from command line, does it return anything?

I'm not sure where the logs would be, from what I can tell dmenu isn't self logging. I logged in /var/logs but didn't see anything useful. I tried moving the taskbar, it isn't under there.

So just to be clear I was typing
Code:
./dmenu

And it would run something (have to ctrl-c to get the cursor back in the terminal window), but nothing tangible. So I tried

Code:
./dmenu_run

as I read that's how you invoke it, and that gets me

Code:
./dmenu_run: line 2: ./dmenu_run: line 2: menu_path: not foundmenu: Permission denied.

hmmmmm.

@directive0 : strange. I'll have to test on my side, not sure what next step could be.

In the mean time, you can try 1 thing: in the config.mk I gave you, comment the 2 lines with XINERAMA to not use it, in case it break things...
[doublepost=1469543063,1469542989][/doublepost]Also, you should
Code:
chmod +x dmenu_path
to fix the error you have with dmenu_run

Last edited:
You're doing me a favor. I'd like to use Albert or dmenu on my Pandora too. I just am working to publish my first PND before I get into something else.

have you tried to build liblwjgl new with your newer Glshim for Minecraft? :)
I have now a very very fast SD Card for testings :D
Aaand i am in Holiday this Week ;)

Back